System JCast (advanced casting-system)

SanKakU

Reaction score
I did state why - when code follows a predictable (standard) pattern, it makes the API easier to use because it is more intuitive, and also keeps code neat. If you use a different naming convention for every method or function, it suddenly gets hard to use anything. :(

neat code is for girls. lol, j/k.

What is API?

But yea intuition is generally regarded as something well used by females.

SanKakU

Reaction score
Application programming interface. In JASS, basically the functions/methods you have to work with.

oh...well in that case i'd say it sounds to me like the standard methodNamingConvention (i added an n so it's spelled right) of vJass is over-rated. And that Jesus4Lyf's code is usually hard to understand how to use. He never seems to make configurable stuff, which sortof breaks more of the fundamental rules of code sharing...much more important than something so trivial as a methodNamingConvention.

if people don't understand how or where to edit the code, then they will probably end up just using whatever you submitted, which might very well be only similiar to what they needed for their resource, instead of exactly what they needed. this is why customization is important.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Why are you talking about Jesus4Lyf's systems in this thread?

OT: Jesus's code is very customizable..........

SanKakU

Reaction score
Why are you talking about Jesus4Lyf's systems in this thread?

OT: Jesus's code is very customizable..........

really? show me some contrast between his submitted resources and your customized versions, then.

And he was talking about making things easier to read by using proper method naming, which is fine by itself, but he claims that the api is easier to use when that's followed, which in my opinion is gibberish. What really matters isn't the names of the methods or structs or functions. That sortof thing is mostly irrelevant. What is important for ease of use are things like customizable features - something that is consistently lacking in his systems. The only system of his that i actually use is GTrigger, and I only appreciate it because he went to lengths to make it have redundant features. Nobody else I know (besides me and Magentix (the jBoard maker)) has made a system with redundant features. As for customizability in his systems, it's sorely lacking and I wish he'd fix it.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
As for customizability in his systems, it's sorely lacking and I wish he'd fix it.
Example?

SanKakU

Reaction score
instead of me linking you, why don't you search for posts by me and threads by Jesus4Lyf? i'm sure you'll find ALOT of examples, if you even try. this is way too off-topic already, so please post in those threads or make a new thread if you think the topic deserves one.

decored

Reaction score
Great system specially for spell creator who needs various details specialy chanelling. I'm quite sure we will see it in some maps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.