Jurassic Park --- The RPG !

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hmmm ... you know, I always get so sick of those cheap jurassic park games; the strategy is just to mass gun towers, which arent even relevant or related to the plot, and hunker down until you can build a fleet of tanks. It gets SOO boring and redundant, so I have decided to do a remake of these ones from scratch. I cannot believe I am going to say this however :p but I need ideas :D for it lol. Should I turn it into a full fledged RPG, an exact recreation of the movie, a run the gaunlet type map, or a survival map? :p

I know how to do most of it, by now --- I just need some direction! :)

Thanl< you a lot :D

Cres

Reaction score
You should make a poll ^^ err i would say rpg or gauntlet (like finish one area and heal rite?)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Sort of I mean that you would go through a maze of sorts through Dino Island or whatever to escape --- dino prison escape! :p

Argh, too late to make a poll now oh well :/

D

DaFishy

Jurrasic Park - The ESCAPE!
==================
Escape tons of dinosaurs from you being eaten!!
==================
Prevent yourself being killed or touched by dinosaurs!!
==================
Nobody can/cannot be trusted >:)
==================
Chapter 1. The landing
Chapter 2. Escape from DinoDino in the restaurant
Chapter 3. Escape From Dino Fields
Chapter 4. Airplane to home
Chapter 5. Airplane broke halfway
Chapter 6. Escape From Dino Mountains
Chapter 7. Boat Back Home
Chapter 8. Back Home ( Cinematic )
==================

( dont copy the excact of Jurrasic park .. make something like .. escape gay space? )

T

ThE-MeNtE

mi suggestions are:

make different characters wich have unique ability inspired to the movie:
hunter can shot sleeping darth; the children is an hacker and u have to bring him to the computer locked gates u have to pass;the archeologist is an expert of dinosaurs and know exactly what to do in order to avoid their attacs and will tell u what to do in some apparently impossible sessions; make some minigames: a sort od 1,2,3 star! vs the t-rex for example; when the children hacks a computer u can make a sort of labirintic printed circuit he has to go through like in gay heaven map avoiding viruses...i was thinking that at a certain point u could rescue a character wich is a genetic experiment and he is hal-human-half-dinosaur and can fight the velociraptor or whatever

hope it is all clear and helpfull...feel free to ask for clrarifications u -> :confused:

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
No I can understand it, and it sounds very good :D

Im not trying to make this some cheap :p gay space map .... whatever that is .... I want it to be a huge, interactive dino world lol ... good character ideas, ill probably be using those. If I made the dinosaurs player controlled, theyd obviously all just crowd around a narrow place and then cut the humans retreat off, then their heads! :p Hmm .... minigame idea sounds good .... :D

BrokenX

Reaction score
Also lol, get good damn dinosaur models all the ones in Jerrasic park the game were the dino's come eat your house and try to kill you are so bad it wasn't even funny. GET GOOD MODELS! ;).

BrokenX

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Hmm, perhaps a survival/RPG mix? Have it follow a story line, but add survival elements to the game. People consume food, so they have to find/hunt/get more in some way/shape/form.

As for models, all the dino models I've seen have, well for lack of a better word: sucked, majorly. No idea who could make you more, though, lol.

Just my thoughts...

Alexander

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Of course ill get good models :D that was one of the reasons I decided to remake it in the first place! :p In the old one, they had a bizarre death animation, where they froze and a light shone out of their mouths, like they were put in a muesum or sent to heavan (AS IF :p) Lol :p :D.

The basic gameplay will be this: survive through the dangers of the huge island, and gradually leave the comfort of the coastline and work your way inward, towards danger but also rescue ... :p :D

Edit - I posted this at the same time Alexander did, lol! :p :D

Lol, well yes im going to be using that strategy, although after the jungle the rest will be pretty much a labyrinth :p.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Is this map based off of one of the three(?) movies in particular, or just the idea of Jurrasic Park? If it's based off of one of the movies in specification, you have more of a guide, but if it's based off the idea, you have more room for radical ideas. Which, well let's face it ;) You're good at radical.

Alexander

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Its sort of ... based off of all of them and none of them :p :D. I might not be using the smae characters and stroyline, but the concept of it, and some features (turn on the electric fence maybe :)) will be based off of it for sure :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
My thought is to use the idea the first movie had: Someone recreates dinosaurs in a park, it all goes to hell with a few of them locked inside, they have to get out. That's still got a lot of potential, but hey: It's your map...

Alexander

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Yes it is, but I still welcome ALL ideas ... please everybody, feel free to suggest anything, at the least it could a springboard :D.

P

PwnThePanda

I say make your own plot because it you base it all on the movies and the way to escape the dinosaur of w/e isn't the same people might complain plus i think it woul be cool to have a new plot, more fun so you don't know what going to happen.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Yes if I even do have a plot (this will be my first official map to actually release lol) then it will be custom --- it will be related, but custom.

The jungle ... AGH ... it will take near FOREVER to create it, so im using a simple tree creation system as posted in the trigger thread :) it will be random and save lazy people like me --- just add a few regins to remove trees after loop finishes, and a custom made jungle ready for action :D :D :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.