Just got a Samsung n501!

S

STcomp

I just got a Samsung n501 on Ebay for $85 including shipping! It came with Tempest 3000, Freefall, and Merlin Racing. I also just ordered Space Invaders on Amazon.com and went to cafe press for the game and demo DVD. It came with the slightly funkified Logitech controller, that I will be carving away at with an exacto knife soon, to make the analog stick actually function properly. The only thing my system did not come with is a remote, so I am wondering 2 things: first, are there any other remotes that can be used in place of the original. Do other nuon DVD players' remotes work with the N501, and is there any universal remote that can be programmed to replace the original remote (especially the special NUON features)? And, how much does a NUON remote usually sell for when they come up on Ebay? I am having a lot of fun with all 3 games, and my step daughter and wife both seem to like Freefall, then Merlin Racing the best, which is odd, since Tempest 3000 is the obvious favorite for me! Hopefully when I get the game and demo DVD it will actually run on my system, since I have heard online about various functionality issues with that title. I did not get a manual with the machine either, so if anyone has any useful or trippy tips, let me know! And if anyone knows of anything whatsoever game software wise that can be ordered on the internet, also let me know.

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, congratulations on the purchase, sounds like you're pretty excited :)

Here's a PDF of the manual, since you said you didn't get one: http://www.nuon-dome.com/files/n501manual.pdf

As far as universal remotes, unless you get something crazy expensive I doubt you'll be able to recreate the special NUON function buttons on a standard universal remote.

You can get the original remote on the Samsungparts.com Web site, but it's $47.76:

http://www.samsungparts.com/part_de...ssories&category_name=&product_id=AH59-00093D

Enjoy the Games+Demos disc when it arrives!

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. Tempest 3000 is by far my favorite game on the system. If you have an XBox 360, you have to get Space Giraffe. It's Minter's follow up to Tempest 3000.

P.S.
Hope you get the demo disc working.

Stephen Anderson

S

STcomp

yeah my nephew has space giraffe and it is very awesome, i love the congraturations you get when you pass a level :))), just that game alone makes me want to get an x-box 360! i cant stand Halo or any of those 3d shooting games though...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.