Crime Kansas Man Sues Couple He Took Hostage

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
29882163_240X180.jpg

Can there be no trust between a kidnapper and his hostages?

A man who held a Kansas couple hostage in their home while fleeing from authorities is suing them, claiming that they broke an oral contract made when he promised them money in exchange for hiding him from police. The couple has asked a judge to dismiss the suit.

Jesse Dimmick of suburban Denver is serving an 11-year sentence after bursting into Jared and Lindsay Rowley's Topeka-area home in September 2009. He was wanted for questioning in the beating death of a Colorado man and a chase had begun in in Geary County.

The Topeka Capital-Journal reported that Dimmick filed a breach of contract suit in Shawnee County District Court, in response to a suit the Rowleys filed in September seeking $75,000 from him for intruding in their home and causing emotional stress.

Read more here.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
This is nuts. At least this doesn't have a chance of actually going to trial. Right?!

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
It's about as crazy as putting a number on emotional stress.

I'm not saying he should win (and I guess / hope he won't) but I'll never understand the emotional stress number game in courts. They actually filed a suit first. Why stop at $75,000? Why not one Trillion dollars worth of emotional stress. Does one need a stress-o-meter to determine the excess stress that has been caused? XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.