KelTorin's legacy (A custom campaign for WC3 TFT)

xPheRe

Reaction score
As a few may know I'm creating a whole solo campaign for The Frozen Throne, more or less in the line of the Orc campaign.

You begin commanding Ker'Abec, just arrived to Skrap'tar island.
You must discover the way to the source of power that Kel'Torin, King of the last standing city of the Undead, discovered with its mental abilities.
Only the ancients know the dangers you will find in your way...

Download the map at this link
KelTorin's legacy - Intro cinematic and Act 1

Cinematic - The request

Act I - The search

COMING SOON!
Act II - The crypt

In this thread I will post links, images and news about my project.
Also any question you ask about the campaign will be solved.
Post here any comments about the campaign.
Thanks!

xPheRe

Reaction score
Well, a lot of work done, but ActII seems will take me a loooong time to develop. Here you are, some new images from ActII.

Act II - The crypt

All the terrain and characters done.
I'm working now on the different lines you can pass through the act.

Every decision you take involves a change in how the game reacts to your actions. Be careful!!

I would love also to hear comments about the campaign

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wow. Just from the screenshots I think it's amazing. I don't even want to think about how long it would take to make something like that. (Or maybe you're good, and it takes you less time.) I would like to try it out now but, I can't play except on weekends... :mad: (And even so, I'm rather busy with my map Swords and Sorcery.) *Which has gone on a rather long time without trashing.

xPheRe

Reaction score
BUMPOAW (Bringing Up My Post Once A Week)

Many unnoticeable additions made to the map.
- The main quest is completely done
- 2 of 5 branches quests partially done
- 2 of 4 optional quests done from branch 1
- 1 of 3 optional quests done from branch 2

massinfantry said:
Wow. Just from the screenshots I think it's amazing.
DDRtists said:
Those screenshots look really good should be good =D
Never judge a map for its screenshots
They always try to show the best part (often post-edited with a photo editor) :p
massinfantry said:
I don't even want to think about how long it would take to make something like that. (Or maybe you're good, and it takes you less time.)...
I don't even think I'm good enough to make this project to the end.
It is taking me TOO long. I ended first act in 4 months and I'm in the 5th month of development of second act and still it's 15% of it's entire development. The initial sequence only took me a few days, it's not a cinematographic work but it fits my needs.
massinfantry said:
I would like to try it out now but, I can't play except on weekends...
I hope to hear your opinion after trying to play the map. Thanks a lot :)

Thanks to all who's downloading and testing my map (nearly 400 downloads!!)

S

=Scotvenom=

xPheRe said:
I don't even think I'm good enough to make this project to the end.
It is taking me TOO long.
Would it be worth you considering opening the project up to external workers? I'm sure there'll be a few volunteers.

xPheRe

Reaction score
If you can't end Act I can be one of two reasons:
- You found a bug that brokes the storyline. If so, please send me a PM telling the bug
- You didn't get the quest objects needed to pass to ActII. If that's the reason, PM me explaining your actual situation (quest, objects, heros, levels, abils) and I will try to find what's your next step.

Thanks for playing the campaign

xPheRe

Reaction score
BUMP of the Week

Minor additions made to the project in this week, but once more, some more images from it.

=Scotvenom= said:
Would it be worth you considering opening the project up to external workers? I'm sure there'll be a few volunteers.
I'm only demostrating to myself that I can afford this challenge alone. If Act II takes me tons of time to end (or no end at all), I would love to work with partners from TheHelper.
pkraktis said:
How the hell do you beat Act 1
I PM'ed and mailed you with the contents of this thread last post, but still no answer for you. I hope you didn't find a bug :p

[EDIT]Wooot! 500 posts!! :) [/EDIT]

Arcane

Reaction score
Um...I played it. It's great but, I can't win. I killed the stupid guardian, got the murloc treasure, and found the ship, I also got the thing from the sorceress, but I'm stuck at the crypt thingy. How do you go in? (If that's what your supposed to do.) I've killed almost every single enemy on the island! What do I have to do?

xPheRe

Reaction score
pkraktis and massinfantry, you both are right.
I've done all my testing under my Spanish Version and it runs well.
The only thing I changed to release the English Version was the strings data.
But now that I tested intenselly the English Version I've found that it's impossible to pass through the sealed crypt.
I'm looking for some minor changes that I made and makes the map unfinishable.
Thanks for the testing and for the time you spend on it.

[EDIT] 512 posts! That's a magic number for me xD [/EDIT]

[EDIT]
I've found the bug. The map has two different Medallions in object editor.
The trigger checks for the existence in the inventory of one of them.
In fact, Amber D'Arlean gives you the other one, so you can't pass through the sealed crypt.
Map updated.
In order to skip the adventure and watch the end cinematic from Act I, enter chat mode and type upkt crypt.

Thanks to pkraktis and massinfantry for discovering the bug
[/EDIT]

xPheRe

Reaction score
Well, I feel too lazy at this time to make the project progress.

Besides I had a data corruption problem (and I haven't done backup copies) so I have lost great part of the work done in Act II, with the consequent lowering of morale that this implies.

At this rate, I will be glad to finish Act II on February.

BTW, thanks to Ruben who helped me in the spell/grammar corrections.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I need to check this out, it looks fun :D

However, I must say (no offense) I think the terrain is decent--not amazing ;)

(it's about the same quality one could find in a Blizzard map, but not something made by a pro with time on his hands)

I wish I could've finished the one campaign I attempted. I made a map of Pandaria for use in a good campaign and it has a few good fixes, but I couldn't get it to work with multiple maps >_<

xPheRe

Reaction score
phyrex1an said:
At the end I know that the campaign will be good. <--- Moral booster.
The first act was great.
Rinpun said:
I need to check this out, it looks fun
However, I must say (no offense) I think the terrain is decent--not amazing

(it's about the same quality one could find in a Blizzard map, but not something made by a pro with time on his hands)
These are REAL moral boosters ;) Thanks a lot, guys
And the first act reached 500 downloads! :eek:
I'm going to finish ActII.
At any price.
Rinpun said:
I wish I could've finished the one campaign I attempted. I made a map of Pandaria for use in a good campaign and it has a few good fixes, but I couldn't get it to work with multiple maps >_<
Ask anything about campaigns, I will be glad to help you ;)

Arcane

Reaction score
At this rate, I will be glad to finish Act II on February.

February? Come on...I was really looking forward to playing Act II. :D

*Though I can't really complain because I haven't done much work lately on Swords and Sorcery...Not that anybody cares though...*sniff* (Maybe because I haven't put enough details about the map...) BUT I HAVE FAITH IN MY MAP! IT WILL SUCCEED! Hopefully...

Ask anything about campaigns, I will be glad to help you ;)

Maybe later...I WAS planning to make a campaign called: The Chosen Ones...but I decided to finish Swords and Sorcery...I'm really trying to NOT trash this map.

R

Ruben

Really looking forward to your IIact really liked the story in this first ack and really makes meh wanna try to make my own Capmain :p

xPheRe said:
BTW, thanks to Ruben who helped me in the spell/grammar corrections.

hehe dident help much tho but your welcome :p

xPheRe

Reaction score
The end of the path

Hi again, TheHelper.Net

Today I received a mail telling me that my PM inbox is almost full. I came here and checked that this community is still alive and helpfull, like it was two years ago, when I left because I had no time left to spend developing my own maps.

I saw that KelTorin's Legacy is still in the download section. In one year and a half, 1400 of you downloaded and played it. Nearly everyone had sent me a mail or PM'ed me with opinions and tons of moral boost. I appreciate it a lot and I thank you all. Thank you.

I planned this campaing as a 4 act one-player rpg-like story, like the Orc Campaign in TFT. All the plots and twists and quests were written two years ago. But unfortunately, I can't finish this project. Even with all the morale boost given from all of you (specially from phyrex1an and Ruben, thanks)

So this is a post to say that this campaign dies here. I liked it a lot and I put tons of effort and time to try to make a nice campaign. I hope you enjoyed Act 1 as I enjoyed developing it. And I thank you all for your support.

See you in TheHelper.Net

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.