Lag Issues..

Juno**

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need your help again.. This spell, whenever cast makes the game little bit laggy. this adds up when I cast the spell a few more times making my computer really lag. I don't know if it's a memory leak or something else but It always does that. and If it is in the trigger, I have no idea what it is because for me, there is nothing wrong with it.

Trigger:
  • Events - Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions - (Ability being cast) Equal to Kaboom!
    • Actions
    • Set Skills_Kaboom_Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set Skills_Kaboom_Point2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Set Skills_Kaboom_Distance = (Distance between Skills_Kaboom_Point1 and Skills_Kaboom_Point2)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.10)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Skills_Kaboom_Point1 using Abilities\Spells\Human\Flare\FlareCaster.mdl
        • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Skills_Kaboom_Point2 using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoDeath.mdl
        • Destructible - Create a Kaboom1 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2 facing (Random angle) with scale 1.50 and variation 0
        • Destructible - Kill (Last created destructible)
        • Destructible - Create a Kaboom2 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2 facing (Random angle) with scale 1.50 and variation 0
        • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2, dealing (50.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
          • Then - Actions
            • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.15)
            • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Skills_Kaboom_Point1 using Abilities\Spells\Human\Flare\FlareCaster.mdl
            • Wait 1.00 seconds
            • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Skills_Kaboom_Point2 using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoDeath.mdl
            • Destructible - Create a Kaboom1 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2 facing (Random angle) with scale 1.50 and variation 0
            • Destructible - Create a Kaboom2 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2 facing (Random angle) with scale 1.50 and variation 0
            • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2, dealing (75.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
              • Then - Actions
                • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.20)
                • Wait 1.00 seconds
                • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2, dealing (100.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Else - Actions
                  • If - Conditions
                    • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                  • Then - Actions
                    • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.25)
                    • Wait 1.00 seconds
                    • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2, dealing (125.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Else - Actions
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Skills_Kaboom_Point1)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Skills_Kaboom_Point2)

I really need your help guys! The lag really bugs me!:mad:

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
The waits shouldn't effect the lag, but I'm not familiar with that "damage circular area" trigger, try adding all units you want to damage into a unit group and damage them like that, remembering to remove unit group etc.

SouLEDGE

Reaction score
Well I'm assuming that he doesn't try casting the spell within 1sec of each other, or has multiple players casting the spell at the same time.

Juno try removing the waits to see if they're the cause of the lag, but I doubt it

Juno**

Reaction score
well, I have tried replacing the damage circular area with a pick every unit then damage target action but it didn't seem to remove the lag (I also remove the group at the end of the trig).. I have also removed the waits but it didn't have any do anything at all... my computer still lags after every cast...

here's my new trigger:::
new trigger.JPG

Juno**

Reaction score
I just cuts the trigger so that you guys didn't have to look at the whole trigger but, ok here it is:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Kaboom!
    • Actions
      • Set Skills_Kaboom_Distance = (Distance between Skills_Kaboom_Point1 and Skills_Kaboom_Point2)
      • Set Skills_Kaboom_UnitGroup = (Units within 200.00 of Skills_Kaboom_Point2 matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False)) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to F
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.10)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Skills_Kaboom_UnitGroup and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (50.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.15)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (75.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.20)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Kaboom! for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (Skills_Kaboom_Distance x 0.25)
                        • Loop - Actions
                          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (125.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                    • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Skills_Kaboom_UnitGroup)

dracolich

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
try to insert actions "display text to player" with 1-.... numbers.
so, you will find out when exactly lag happen

SouLEDGE

Reaction score
Lemme try test it out, ill get back to you

Edit:
Trigger:
  • Kaboom
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Set kaboom_point2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set kaboom_point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set kabbom_level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Set kaboom_unitGroup = (Units within 200.00 of kaboom_point1 matching (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True))
      • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage = (0.05 + (0.05 x (Real(kabbom_level))))
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Hmm, aside from shortening it I couldn't see any reason for the lag

Juno**

Reaction score
Ok, I'll try it out later because I don't have a WE right now....

Edit:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Kaboom!
    • Actions
      • Set Skills_Kaboom_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Skills_Kaboom_UnitGroup = (Units within 200.00 of Skills_Kaboom_Point2 matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False)) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to F
      • Set Skills_Kaboom_Damage_1 = (0.05 + (0.05 x (Real(Skills_Kaboom_Level))))
      • Destructible - Create a Kaboom2 at Skills_Kaboom_Point2 facing (Random angle) with scale 2.00 and variation 0
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + Skills_Kaboom_Damage_1) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Well, I copied your trigger and tried it but the problem still persists :( (Although my skill's main purpose was to damage through the distance bet points)
Is it possible that my icon is the problem here?

Juno**

Reaction score
o_O Uhmmm... It seems that I solved this problem by changing the base skill...The original base skill was shockwave, I removed all of it's field value and changed them to zero.. I even removed the buff and maybe, just maybe.. removing the shockwave buff in the first place was a bad Idea o_O ... Anyways, the new base skill is channel an the lag was removed and the trigger was never the real problem.. thanks for the people who tried to fix it...:)

Edit : Sorry for the double post...

dracolich

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well, shockwave have irritating ground transformation which case great lags.
so u had to say base spell at start :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.