Laptop Battery = Slow?

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
I have an IBM Thinkpad laptop the battery is totally destroyed and it only has 6 minutes of use when it is fully charged. 1st i wanted to know how much a laptop replacement battery goes for and i also wanted to know if the battery not working properly might affect the computer's speed (internet turning on etc).

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
I have an IBM Thinkpad laptop the battery is totally destroyed and it only has 6 minutes of use when it is fully charged. 1st i wanted to know how much a laptop replacement battery goes for and i also wanted to know if the battery not working properly might affect the computer's speed (internet turning on etc).

Your battery is either subject to memory effect (NiMH) or died a natural death (lithium-ion ones only last 2-3 years, even if you use them carefully).

NiMH can be "revived" to some extend, if you repeatedly completely discharge the battery and fully recharge it.

Check your power settings (control panel), you can choose whether to throttle the CPU or not. When running on battery, the faster the CPU, the quicker it drains its power.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, i have been away.....

Anyways I know that the battery just died a natural death, (it says your battery only has 5% of original capacity). Just dont want to have to get a new one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.