System Larcenist's Enhanced Experience Trigger

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Cool :thup:

I haven't looked at the code or any of that yet, but after quickly testing the map, I have a suggestion. Maybe you should put the +x bounty text over the dying unit's head instead of the killing unit's? It gets kinda weird if you kill a few units at once...just a large block of yellow :p

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Cool :thup:

I haven't looked at the code or any of that yet, but after quickly testing the map, I have a suggestion. Maybe you should put the +x bounty text over the dying unit's head instead of the killing unit's? It gets kinda weird if you kill a few units at once...just a large block of yellow :p

Oh right, that's what it was supposed to be to begin with :p. Then again I clearly stated that it's not tested at all. Fixed in 2 mins.

Edit: Done.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
- Does not allow bounty to be evenly split among heroes in range.*

* Can be added if wanted.

Do it.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Updated. Changes and/or updates can be found in the main post, bottom section. The major change would be that evenly split experience is now supported.

As for split bounty, I won't add it unless more people feel that it's needed (since I cannot see a real use for it myself, apart from some boss-type unit perhaps).

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Or if you have 1 tank and a damage dealer maybe? Both players wants the gold in that case.

Btw, get on chat so we can discuss our new awesome system :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you should add an argument for enabling bounty sharing, because I am sure that a lot of people would find that useful.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Bounty sharing as in:

- Does not allow bounty to be evenly split among heroes in range.*

?

If a lot of people seem to find this useful I guess there's nothing too it more than adding. I guess the same functionality as the experience would do? that being:

- Enabling AoE bounty.
- Enabling Bounty Split.
- Enabling custom filter boolexpr for bounty gain.

Edit: Updated to add functionality for bounty AoE/split etc.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Shameless bump. If anyone has some awesome idea that this is missing please do share them since I can't think of anything else to add.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Yet another shameless bump, guess this is so utterly useless that it's to fall into oblivion?

Larcenist

Reaction score
Updated.

Added 2 new global boolean variables, UTILIZE_EXP_FUNCTIONALITY and UTILIZE_BOUNTY_FUNCTIONALITY.

If either is set to false, the system won't disable the exp/bounty gain (depending on which one that's set to false), hence making the regular gain apply. This is to make it possible to use this solely as an experience or bounty system.

Then of course if both globals are set to true, this works just as before.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Bump once again. Still no feedback people? I can't improve it to your liking without knowing what's missing.

kirinelf

Reaction score
This does seem to be a rather interesting system, and useful for those who don't know how the default EXP system works. I'll give it a spin once I get the bugs in my map sorted out and let you know what I think.

Edit: I hope this is simple enough for someone who doesn't understand code like me.

Also, if it wouldn't be too hard to implement, maybe a drop system? A configurable drop rate, plus registering items that a unit might drop upon death?

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new user of WE and I don't know how to use JASS. I read an introductory manual explaining the basis of the JASS system, but I find it horribly complex.:nuts:

Isn't there an easier method to change experience bounty?:confused:

Larcenist

Reaction score
The problem would probably be everyone's definitions of "easier". I myself find this method ridicously easy, since it only requires you too add some custom script lines in your map at init or so.

Bounty is calculated in the OE, and uses dices and annoying stuff. They are also static and cannot be modified during the gametime, while this one allows for that.

Expecience itself can also be rather annoying to calculate and keep track of.

As for this system itself, you really do not need any direct knowledge in how to code in JASS, the functions are explained in the function list located in the comment block of the code itself. All you have to do yourself would be to input the correct unit type raw code (ctrl + D in the OE) and add the lines as custom scripts in a trigger ran at map init.

weaaddar

Reaction score
First, use HashTablenatives or Table (which iwll inline to hashtable calls anyway) its 3 times faster then the custom hashing solution from Jesus4lyf.

second, Your code is nearly unreadable. What the hell is this? hash:D.regd I know its valid, but dear god man! I have no idea why Vex made this colon : operator. I'm assuming its to emulate the fact that c lets you do something crazy like 5[p], but because of your naming convention its really confusing. Please use more descriptive names for your variables D is not a good name for anything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.