Last Issue: Correcting Replaced Units Learncount,

G

Goodspeed

A while back, I posted often about glaive abilities and my frustrations with trying to create multiple levels of the occuring type..., I finally got these glaive changes to work [number of targets, including differing spill factors], but have one final issue..., what I did is I created four distinctive, yet completely equal units of the same type, and replaced one after the other as the "Glaive" or "Slice" ability was learned..., you'll see what I mean once you start reading the trigger I'll post here in just a moment. I finally properly have the abilities preserved, but the sole problem left occurs for each level of the "Slice Ability" learned: An ability point isn't expended, which is strange to me because I have an integer variable to set and apply the learn count before and after the unit is replaced..., you'll see, let me just toss up the trigger:::

Code:
Slice1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Slice 
        (Level of Slice  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type The Incisor) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set levelofSlice = (Level of Slice  for (Picked unit))
                Set levelofFatalCut = (Level of Fatal Cut  for (Picked unit))
                Set levelofShurikenToss = (Level of Shuriken Toss  for (Picked unit))
                Set levelofHarrowingBlades = (Level of Harrowing Blades  for (Picked unit))
                Set learncount = (Unspent skill points of (Picked unit))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type The Incisor) and do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a The Incisor (slice1) using The old unit's relative life and mana)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type The Incisor (slice1)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Selection - Select (Picked unit)
                Unit - Change color of (Picked unit) to (Color of Player 2 (Blue))
                Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Set to learncount points
                If (levelofSlice Greater than or equal to 1) then do (Unit - Add Slice  to (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
                Unit - Set Level of Slice  for (Picked unit) to levelofSlice
                If (levelofFatalCut Greater than or equal to 1) then do (Unit - Add Fatal Cut  to (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
                Unit - Set Level of Fatal Cut  for (Picked unit) to levelofFatalCut
                If (levelofShurikenToss Greater than or equal to 1) then do (Unit - Add Shuriken Toss  to (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
                Unit - Set Level of Shuriken Toss  for (Picked unit) to levelofShurikenToss
                If (levelofHarrowingBlades Greater than or equal to 1) then do (Unit - Add Harrowing Blades  to (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
                Unit - Set Level of Harrowing Blades  for (Picked unit) to levelofHarrowingBlades

You can see where I believe the problem ought to resolve:::

Set learncount = (Unspent skill points of (Picked unit))
Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Set to learncount points

but it doesn't..., so, I suppose maybe this ought to be in an entirely different trigger[?] If so, how would I execute that to manage with the order of operations? Should I just subtract the learncount of the replaced unit by one each time he learns a new level of Slice? See, the problem I see coming up there is if he has multiple learncount's stored, like if they weren't spent..., gosh, idk. Any help'd do nice, thanks anyone,

`Goodspeed, :banghead:

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Well, i wouldn't suggest the whole Replacing Unit Shameal, I'm sure there is a better meathod, however your problem, is this:

When the "Unit - A unit Learns a skill" event goes off, the "Unspent skill points of " function will return the skill-points BEFORE the point is spent. Also, there is a bunch of stuff that i would comment on innoficiancy, but i don't feel like it :mad:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.