Learn Tooltips problem

Ashlebede

Reaction score
[Straightforward mode activated]

I have a hero spell which has a learn tooltip (duh!).

That tooltip is reasonably short in-game, but very long with all the colour codes. Here is what it is with the colour code:

|cff7fb8ffLearn|r|cffffb855 |r|cffff8c00Soul |r|cffffcc00B|r|cffff8c00urn|r|cffffb855 |r[|cff00ced1Level %d|r]

Now you can see, this is pretty long. Most of the text is coloured and it does look fancy. The result should look a bit like this:

Learn Soul Burn [Level 3]

The colours being, of course, not exactly the same as this. B being my tooltip, it is highlighted. However, in-game, it only shows this:

Learn Soul Burn [|cff00

And the rest doesn't show. Now, the rest of my spells use the very same pattern and I wouldn't change all of their pattern because of a single spell that doesn't work. I kind of figured it was because the name with colour codes was too long, but...

Well, my question is : "Is there a way to make the tooltip maximum length, um... longer?"

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
no but you can remove all the "|r"'s because they are useless.

|r does mean: "reset to normal colour (255,255,255,255)" but you are changing the color immediately after the reset which results in... well, nothing.

BAkil

Reaction score
I think the problem is that the string is too long, and it cuts off during the colour code for that last bit.

Try removing the colour from the first word: Learn, giving you more available character slots to colour the last word(s).
And you've got
|cffffb855 |r
showing twice. That's a massive waste of space since there's no writing in it, only a space which cannot be coloured.
Instead of removing the colour from the first word, you could just cut out the colour code in |cffffb855 |r and just put a space there and it should be fine.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Well, now I know how much rats Risc's Colorizer can generate. =D

Well, thank you and let's say +Rep for the two of you. u_u

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.