Limited or No Connectivity

SpaceBar

Reaction score
Well...

Firstly, i have an NB5 ADSL2+ Modem Router and a BELKIN Wireless 802.11g Router for the laptop. My laptop works fine and connects, however it's my main computer that is not working. I had to reformat because many viruses had attacked it, and i could not access the internet. After i set everything up, it worked fine, i could access the internet, play games, AIM etc... However, during the installation of Warcraft III, the two computers with the Hazard sign came up. Now i've never came accross it before.

My tower, is very old (6-7 yrs at the most) it is very dodgy, when i put CD's, it can take a while to detect, boot-up type is awfully slow and i cannot acess the internet due to "Limited or No Connectivity.

I have tried the WindowsXP - KB884020 - x86, didn't work. It came up with "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the updare you are applying. There is no need to install this update"

I know about the "ipconfig stuff" however, i'm not sure what to do. This also applys to "netsh int ip" something or rather. Oh and "Repairing the Limited Or No Connectivity doesn't work either. I also have AVG and Avira as my anti-virus programs, however AVG is out of date..which i cannot update because i cannot access the net.

If you need anymore information, please ask.

~Regards Space

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Limited connectivity is generally caused by not being able to get an IP from your router's DHCP. However, you can assign a static IP to your computer.

Network Connections -> Local Area Network (Right Click -> Properties) -> Scroll Down to TCP/IP (Double Click) -> Use the following IP Address.

You'll have to find out what IP scheme your router uses. Most home routers use the 192.168.1.0/24 scheme. If this sounds familiar to you, then pick something like 192.168.1.150. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: IP of your router. Will generally be something like 192.168.1.1. You can probably find out what this stuff should be from ipconfig in command prompt. See what that does for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.