Trigger:
  • Living Bomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Living Bomb
    • Actions
      • Wait 12.00 seconds
      • Set TempTargetPos = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 350.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing 300.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempTargetPos using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\FragmentationShards\FragBoomSpawn.mdl
      • Set Hero_Special_Attached_Fx[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempTargetPos)

What is wrong with the effect. The damage works, but I would like an effect. The effect is under the category "spawned", will another category work better?
I have also tried to disable Set Hero_Special_Attached_Fx[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created special effect), but made no difference.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Living Bomb
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 12.00 seconds of radius 350.00 at (TempTargetPos), dealing 300.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempTargetPos using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\FragmentationShards\FragBoomSpawn.mdl
      • Set Hero_Special_Attached_Fx[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created special effect)

You might need to put a 12 second wait inbetween the Special Effect and The Damage.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
You might need to put a 12 second wait inbetween the Special Effect and The Damage.

why??:confused: Have you tried using other effects first to see if its not the special effect which isnt working?? Try for example to make footman special effect (found under units) and see if he shows up..if he dosnt change your explosion effect to something else.

E: also this trigger wont work (if you have the wait) if more than one player has the living bomb and use it at the same time, since the triggers variables will overwrite itself

The newbie

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Mage Living Bomb explosion
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 12.00 seconds
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 1000.00 at TempTargetPos, dealing 1000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempTargetPos using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIfb\AIfbSpecialArt.mdl

I'm gonna fuck the effect, but my damage doesn't work xD. Earlier I forgot it was still placed as "center of playable map" and I set the damage and range to 99999, just to see. But even with values (range/damage) 9999999 it doesn't work when I use tempTargPos. I have tried different thing, without wait etc. but nothing seems to work. 'Am getting tired of this crap spell.

nabbig2

Reaction score
I know why; It doesn't know the casting unit after a Wait.

Solution: Set the units to variables before the wait, and then use them as variables after the wait.

The newbie

Reaction score
Then I can't cast more of them as the same time, right? Coz it would overwrite with new variables...

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Warcraft III tends to "forget" casting unit. If you're going to use waits, use triggering unit instead. (I always use triggering unit.)

SwedishChef

Reaction score
well if your going to make it work fully when using more players im not going to lie to you, you will have to make it a lot more advanced if only 1 unit of every player can be "bombed" then u make unit variable with number of players arrays. When they cast set Unit Variabel = casting unit wait do rest of action, if more than one unit shall use it from every player then u will have to make a mui trigger with wait, i know a great guide for this. HEres the link http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111694 this will be hard if you not used to trigger, but u will make it :D

The newbie

Reaction score
Thanks for everyting, I will try the MUI thing, but if it doesn't work out, ill just throw it out ;) Thanks all

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.