Loading Screen art, need critiques

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Alright, this will be a loading screen for my next game, but I just wanted to get some critiques from the pros here before I finalize it.

82217447.png

any critiques welcome and +rep for the helpful ones:thup:

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
It looks great, but you could add some more eye-candy into it.

e.g, maybe a compass in the corner

Adding a bit more stuff to the border would look great too, just make sure it isn't too cluttered up

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Don't add any moer. That would make it to busy. I would suggest moving the names off the edge. Also change "is" with "are" in the paragraph. Correct grammar.

n[u]ll

Reaction score
It looks great, but you could add some more eye-candy into it.

e.g, maybe a compass in the corner

Adding a bit more stuff to the border would look great too, just make sure it isn't too cluttered up

I had a compass, but later replaced it with the naga. There's really no place to put it, plus I can't figure out where I'd put north/south facing.. xD

And I'll see what I can do about the border (maybe make some parts look more frozen/white than others? cracks?).
thanks

Don't add any moer. That would make it to busy. I would suggest moving the names off the edge. Also change "is" with "are" in the paragraph. Correct grammar.
>move the names off the edge
like completely off the ice? I see how it doesn't look right there, but I cant find a good spot to put it (maybe i'll just take it out and give in-game credits)

and thanks for the grammar check, the paragraph flows better now.

Rhymer

Reaction score
Looks pretty nice. Way better than my early loading screens :)

I agree with what the others said, but I'd like to add that those red eyes on the naga really isn't fitting in. I'd remove them completely. You might also want to try lowering the saturation on the icey border in order to make it blend better.

Cheers;
//Rhymer

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score

again, dont add anymore.

for the text just put it ontop of the map and put it as overlay layer and make it blend in and also look good.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Try making the naga's eyes glow blue / green. Red stands out too much.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I think fading the red eyes out to something similar to the X mark at the centre would be better, or maybe a bit lesser. It still looks fine the way it is, though.

There's also something about the text (description) I just can't put my finger on. It looks decent, doesn't interfere or disrupt the image. But it doesn't really fit in with the rest.

The blue border is also too saturated for my liking. Should be changed, or removed altogether.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I think the red eyes are okay, they represent the scary evilness well.
It's fine. The text with the thanks is eh, and also kinda hard to read.
But overall cool.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

n[u]ll

Reaction score
all the comments were very helpful :D

I've got it finished and it looks a lot better cause of you guys, so thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.