Looking For Help - Footmen Style Map

Dalemil

Reaction score
As you can see below, I have the general layout of the arena and where each player will start. The only problem, the biggest problem, is that I don't know where to start with triggering. In the past, I had tried making my own triggers but I always ended up with a headache. So now I'm looking for help with programming this thing. The top and bottom parts are makeshift testing areas. All the heroes I have made up and will make up are in the bottom. The top is used for nothing at the moment. If you want to help, I will send you a copy of the map.

mapcy.jpg

Happy

Reaction score
you can go from the easiest to the harder ones...means you first do the triggers you can make easily without leaks or problems bug etc...later you make the trigger you have problems with...

or the other way....go through the game...what is happening first...trigger it...whats happening then...trigger that...and so on...

if you are not very good at triggering i would recommend the second way because you dont know which trigger is hard and which is not...and besides you can get better in triggering because of simply trying to make the triggers...

but thats only my opinion...

i hope this helped

greetz happy

Dalemil

Reaction score
I just got out of a footies game and wrote down some things:

hero pick - all random/all pick
tech delay
middle visibility
recipes
tech upgrades
footmen spawn

I can look up how to do some of those but the others I'm pretty much hopeless.

Happy

Reaction score
kay...that seems like you dont know what you can do with triggers right? if im right i would recommend you not to work on a real map...first try around a bit with variables/regions/SFX's/etc and learn about leaks...make some spells, try to make some units move to a region, teleport them somwhere else and "evolve" them to other units, play around with what you can do with items and heroes....and so on...to make a map you need to know what you can do and how...but if you want to work on the map try to make the things work on your own and if you are stuck somewhere ask here for help NOT for "can you do this or that for me"....because if you ask someone to do the triggers for you you dont learn and you dont get better...

greetz happy

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Dalemil i can help you if you need it just pm me i have made a footmen frenzy map so i have all the triggers and ai etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.