Major problem with nvidia 6600 and BF1942

Y

yellosno

I played before using my onboard 64mb card and it ran great, i just recently installed the XFX geforce 6600 PCIE and now when i play after about 2-5min it starts to lag and freeze up, I'm pretty pissed off. Heres what i have done so far, i have uninstalled and reinstalled all the necessary drivers for the card, i have taken my fire wire card out of the pci slot beside the vid card in case of conflict, i also have uninstalled and reinstalled BF1942...It's not a heat issue with the card cause the core temp remains under 47 during crash and at idle around 44. The card seems to run on other applications so i don't understand what is going on.

I'm running

Asus p5rd1-vm motherboard
P4 3.0ghz cpu
1.5 gig ram
lots of HD

As i said im very pissed,..if anyone knows anything please let me know, other wise i'm going to rip the thing out and continue with my 64 mb onboard card

thanks

ps could it be a conflict with my mother board??

P

platinumxii

yellosno said:
I played before using my onboard 64mb card and it ran great, i just recently installed the XFX geforce 6600 PCIE and now when i play after about 2-5min it starts to lag and freeze up, I'm pretty pissed off. Heres what i have done so far, i have uninstalled and reinstalled all the necessary drivers for the card, i have taken my fire wire card out of the pci slot beside the vid card in case of conflict, i also have uninstalled and reinstalled BF1942...It's not a heat issue with the card cause the core temp remains under 47 during crash and at idle around 44. The card seems to run on other applications so i don't understand what is going on.

I'm running

Asus p5rd1-vm motherboard
P4 3.0ghz cpu
1.5 gig ram
lots of HD

As i said im very pissed,..if anyone knows anything please let me know, other wise i'm going to rip the thing out and continue with my 64 mb onboard card

thanks

ps could it be a conflict with my mother board??

Before you rip the your motherboard , try connecting to Singapore's Bf1942 server. They have the LOWEST server latency there. You should try out there. LOWEST latency like 17 - 45 + or so.

**EDIT**
Here are my com specs :

446MB RAM
Intel pentium 4 cpu 2.26GHz
Radeon 9100 graphics card
Soundmax digital audio.

Bf2 works totally fine for me. Bf1942 works smoothly with high quality. If my com specs sux and urs are better , its probably extra programs running at your background or something else.

Rad

Reaction score
Well this wont help your problem im sure but you can still download and play the bf2 demo, you should try if that works. If it does its probrably a conflict with the game itself, not your video card... But I dunno, im no expert on these things.

I play bf2 demo (getting game soon...i hope) with 64 people on mid settings, no antialiasing or anything max view distance -

athlon64 3000+ (1.8ghz)
k8-g4u-939 gigabyte motherboard
768mb ram
radeon 9600 sapphire (ATI)
loading is around 45 celsius with no overclocking and stock fan :)

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Hmm. Possibility that you have your settings too high? But I agree with Rad, it's probably a conflict with the game itself...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.