Make unable to klick on

fjerre

Reaction score
I want to make so that the player cant klick on a unit, not even a mark when you hold your mouse over it. The map is a RoC map so i would prefer commands that wouldnt convert the map :) thank you very much.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
uhmm... well the only way to do that is to give it the ability "Locust" (which I do not think is a ROC spell) that will make it unable to sellect and have no collision (paths trough buildings and other units)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
not possible in RoC as far as i know.
however, does your unit need to be a unit? maybe you could just use a destructible.

fjerre

Reaction score
Well, i play run kitty run and the crates there are unclickable and would like to make the wolfs the same :)
but i cant find the trigger that made the crates unklickable so i can copy it. Starts to guess that its not a trigger really...

fjerre

Reaction score
well the only way to do that is to give it the ability "Locust" (which I do not think is a ROC spell) that will make it unable to sellect and have no collision (paths trough buildings and other units)
I made a map on tft instead then but this doesnt really help. i want to collide with the unit but not being able to click on it :)

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
As i know, if you set the selection circle in the object eidor to to some negative value (i usually use -5.), the players won't be able to select them. (You can type negative values by holding the shift while you click on the field) I don't know what about health bars, if you use this method.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
As i know, if you set the selection circle in the object eidor to to some negative value (i usually use -5.), the players won't be able to select them. (You can type negative values by holding the shift while you click on the field) I don't know what about health bars, if you use this method.

this is incorrect.

players can select the units no matter how the selection size is set.

the only things the selection size does is determine the size of the selection circle (the green circle around selected units, and such) and the size of the health bar because its always equal.

setting the selection size to -5 hides both the circle and the health bar.
in fact, it doesnt even hide the selection circle, the model of the circle will just revert its angle and go underneath the ground.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Okay, sorry, I knew it wrong, as always.
But what about the Locust-trick? I mean adding and removing the Locust ability? As I remember, i read somewhere, that adding and removing the Locust ability (using the "Locust-trick" - because basically we can't remove it) will cause permament effects - maybe the unit'll become unselectable? Or it will affect the health bars only? I can't remember exactly, I haven't done to much thing recently. But if the "Locust-trick" will make the unit unselectable, and the Selection Circle modification'll hide the unit's selection circle and health bar, then maybe we can do this.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the locust ability does the following things:
unit is un-targetable
unit got no pathing
unit is un-clickable
unit is (more or less) invulnerable (can still be damaged through triggers)
unit cannot be picked by triggers using unit group - pick all units in range/rect actions
when you hover the mouse above the unit it wont show any information, nor health bars, nor selection circles
unit can be used as a spawn for the "locust swarm" ability (the locust ability is a condition for this!)
maybe a few more

removing locust via triggers again (you need to hide the unit first and unhide it afterwards) or morphing it to a non-locust unit via chaos or other abilitys will do:
unit is targetable again
unit can still not be selected
unit still doesnt show hitpoint bars, selection circles and other information
unit is not invulnerable anymore
unit can be picked with all unitgroup actions again
unit still hasnt gotten no pathing
maybe some others i do not remember right now...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.