Making a triggered skill into orb effect

Mike889

Reaction score
All right, I'm trying to make an orb effect skill based of poison. The poison actually is just a dummy skill that does nothing, but add those buffs:
•Burrowing Attack (Stackable)
•Burrowing Attack (Non-Stackable)

All stacking fields of the poison skill are set to "None".

Here is my trigger:
Code:
Burrowing Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to (==) Crypt Lord
        ((Triggering unit) has buff Burrowing Attack (Non-stacking)) Equal to (==) True
    Actions
         Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to (<=) (6.25 x (Real((Level of Burrowing Attack (Anub'arak) for (Attacking unit)))))
            Then - Actions
                Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s morph animation
                Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Impale (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
                Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s morph, defend animation
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (Triggering unit)
                Point - Remove Temp_Point
            Else - Actions

If I remove the condition "((Triggering unit) has buff Burrowing Attack (Non-stacking)) Equal to (==) True" the trigger works. With this condition, however the Impale never happens!

My hero is also never playing his animation!

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Code:
         Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (Triggering unit)

Triggering unit can mean anything when there's 2 event responses to the event. Use impale attacked unit

Code:
        ((Triggering unit) has buff Burrowing Attack (Non-stacking)) Equal to (==) True

Again same thing. Do attacking unit. Also make sure the unit actually HAS the buff. As far as i know there is no way to check to see if a unit has an ability.

Mike889

Reaction score
The unit has the buff. Well, I talked with a friend and after everything I managed to do this:
Code:
Burrowing Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to (==) Crypt Lord
    Actions
        Set AttackedUnit = (Triggering unit)
         Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to (<=) (6.25 x (Real((Level of Burrowing Attack (Anub'arak) for (Attacking unit)))))
            Then - Actions
                Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                Unit - Add Burrowing Strike  to (Attacking unit)
                Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Impale (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
                Point - Remove Temp_Point
            Else - Actions

Code:
Burrowing Finishes
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Burrowing Strike 
    Actions
        Unit - Remove Burrowing Strike  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack AttackedUnit

However, I don't know if it will override Orb Effects (that's what I want xD)

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
oooh... btw you don't need
Code:
Burrowing Finishes
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Burrowing Strike 
    Actions
        Unit - Remove Burrowing Strike  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack AttackedUnit

You can add a wait after it is ordered for 1 second longer than the duration then remove the ability and issue them to attack the unit.

Of course you need to check to see if the unit is dead using and if/then/else boolean comparison to prevent a leak.

Those rumers about waits making it so that when others cast it it will cancel out the spell are false UNLESS you set attacking unit / attacked unit to a variable, then the variable will be overwrittin and it will cancel out the rest of the spell and worst to come the other person's spell will end early and possibly cause a fatal error.

If the orb effects are seperate buffs it will not override the current effect, instead it will add a new one.

Mike889

Reaction score
Hehe, currently I just use Wait for my Revival trigger and, indeed it dosen't cancel the actions and triggering unit works. I'll try putting everything in one unit.

However I still don't know how to make the spell be casted only if the unit has the specific buff.
The way it is will cause the spell to be cast if the Crypt Lord has the skill.

Mike889

Reaction score
Yes, the buff is a buff. Just by that will it override other buffs, or will other buffs override the current one?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.