Making a unit high...

Megika

Reaction score
Well, in my trigger, it creates a whole lot of lightning-orb-like units which cast chain lightning at enemies. That part works fine. My problem is that I want the orbs to be high up, and more easily visible. How can I do this? Thanks in advance.

Vassilev

Reaction score
If your orbs are units then:

Unit - Add Ability Crow Form
Unit - Remove Ability Crow Form
Animation - Change Unit Flying Height to 200 at rate 50

*Crow form is so that your units flying animation/height can be manipulated

Megika

Reaction score
Still not working I'm afraid... here's my current trigger.

Code:
Lightning Orb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Lightning Orb 
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set CasLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set UnitGroupLightningOrbs = (Units within 1500.00 of CasLoc)
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of Caster) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
        Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 LightningCaster for (Owner of Caster) at CasLoc facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Add Crow Form to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
                Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 200.00 at 50.00
                Unit - Add Lightning Orbs (dummy)  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Lightning Orbs (dummy)  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Lightning Orb  for (Triggering unit))
                Set Victim = (Random unit from UnitGroupLightningOrbs)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning Victim
                Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (((Level of Lightning Orb  for (Triggering unit)) x 6) + 5), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 LightningCaster for (Owner of Caster) at (CasLoc offset by 300.00 towards LightOrbsReal1 degrees) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Set level of Lightning Orbs (dummy)  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Lightning Orb  for (Triggering unit))
                Set LightOrbsReal1 = (LightOrbsReal1 + (360.00 / 3.40))
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (((Level of Lightning Orb  for (Triggering unit)) x 7) + 5), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 LightningCaster for (Owner of Caster) at (CasLoc offset by 550.00 towards LightOrbsReal2 degrees) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Set LightOrbsReal2 = (LightOrbsReal2 + (360.00 / 6.70))
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)
        Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)

Any idea why this might not be working?

On another note, I don't get any experience from the dummy unit kills... :(

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)

Wrong unit.

> I don't get any experience from the dummy unit kills

That usually only happens if either bounty is not turned on for the owner of the units you kill, or if the dummy is not on map anymore by the time the unit dies, or if the dummy is not owned by you.

Megika

Reaction score
> Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)

Wrong unit.

> I don't get any experience from the dummy unit kills

That usually only happens if either bounty is not turned on for the owner of the units you kill, or if the dummy is not on map anymore by the time the unit dies, or if the dummy is not owned by you.

I feel like such a moron... (about the unit). Well, I changed that, so it now looks like this:

Code:
Lightning Orb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Lightning Orb 
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set CasLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set UnitGroupLightningOrbs = (Units within 1500.00 of CasLoc)
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of Caster) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
        Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 LightningCaster for (Owner of Caster) at CasLoc facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Last created unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (((Level of Lightning Orb  for (Triggering unit)) x 6) + 5), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 LightningCaster for (Owner of Caster) at (CasLoc offset by 300.00 towards LightOrbsReal1 degrees) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Set LightOrbsReal1 = (LightOrbsReal1 + (360.00 / 3.40))
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (((Level of Lightning Orb  for (Triggering unit)) x 7) + 5), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 LightningCaster for (Owner of Caster) at (CasLoc offset by 550.00 towards LightOrbsReal2 degrees) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Set LightOrbsReal2 = (LightOrbsReal2 + (360.00 / 6.70))
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)
        Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)

Sadly, it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Regarding experience, well, none of those are true (I think). The dummies may not be on the map by the end, but some of the ghouls (which I test it on) are killed immediately, and I still get no experience. Can the hero being paused have something to do with that? Dummy is owned by owner of triggering unit, and the owning player is just Player 12. How would I enable bounty? (if it's disabled).

Thanks for the help so far.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> How would I enable bounty?

Run this action at "map init":
Player - Turn Gives bounty on for <player> (look for a player action that says "flag")

> Can the hero being paused have something to do with that?

Bounty: no
Experience: maybe

> The dummies may not be on the map by the end

If the killing unit is not available, the game doesn't know who to give bounty to...

Vassilev

Reaction score
>>> Sadly, it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

what doesn't work? the flying? the spell? units not casting lightning? please elaborate.

Megika

Reaction score
Well, I stuck on bounty for Player 12, and took off the pause in the trigger. I also took out the expiration timers, so it can't be that.

Vassilev, sorry, should have been more specific. Currently, the units spawn and cast lightning, but they do not fly, and no experience is received from the lightning kills.

I really have no idea what's wrong with it :(

Vassilev

Reaction score
Can the hero being paused have something to do with that? Dummy is owned by owner of triggering unit, and the owning player is just Player 12. How would I enable bounty? (if it's disabled).

Thanks for the help so far.

Ahhh... Now I see one of your problems...

Player 12 is a computer right? Computers can't receive bounty... I learnt this the hard hard way.... :banghead:

As for your experience.. its not the pausing, i just tried it. Maybe its the range at which the units are killed? too far for the hero to gain experience.

As for your flying... why dont you try placing your lightning orb somewhere in the map, make it a flying unit (In Objects Editor, Movment type), and use the same trigger. see whether its height changes or not.

By the way,

(200) is the height at which you want it to be set.

(50) is the rate, how fast u want the unit to be moved towards that height.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.