Map Compressing

Kyzerdrood

Reaction score
Hey i have a map thats huge, its a non-protected RPG (Not mine.. friends...)... lol... but its a huge map file, and i dont know how to compress it, its 6mb, but my friend who made the map did it, How can i compress it smaller? i tried the map optimizer and cant get it smaller than 5.14 mb... lol I ask him and he says he cant remember >.>

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
If you can't get it lower using Vexorian's optimizer, it probably can't go lower.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
- Remove or compress all sound imports. (Audacity is a pretty good sound compressor)
- Use Guesst's MDX Squisher to squish some of your imported models. (wc3campaigns)
- Open your .blp files in wc3viewer or some other BLP tool, and save it with reduced quality.

Do this until it reaches below 4 MB. Remove imports if necessary.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
- Remove or compress all sound imports. (Audacity is a pretty good sound compressor)
- Use Guesst's MDX Squisher to squish some of your imported models. (wc3campaigns)
- Open your .blp files in wc3viewer or some other BLP tool, and save it with reduced quality.

Do this until it reaches below 4 MB. Remove imports if necessary.
Well, you can't get it any lower with just Vexorian's optimizer assuming that you want to keep everything in the map.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
-Remove all your music
-Remove unnecessary models
-Open BLP files if you find 514x514 change them to 256x256
-Remove your loading screen

Kyzerdrood

Reaction score
lol i was increasing the size with Vexorian's map thing, not decompressing it lol, i just wanted to protect it, its acually 4 mb non-optimized

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, you can't get it any lower with just Vexorian's optimizer assuming that you want to keep everything in the map.

Simply compression and reducing sizes of imports is the workaround.

You must have used the optimizer wrong, it shouldn't increase the map size. Are you sure you didn't use the widgetizer but thought it was the optimizer?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.