[Map Concept]Battle of the Damned

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested in an AoS (sigh all you want, it is what is on my mind) type map of the struggle between the Forsaken and the Scourge? I will lay it all out below...

Teams:
1. Forsaken - Leader: Sylvanas Windrunner (Banshee/Dark Ranger of course)
2. Scourge - Leader: (either of the following) a) Anub'Arak (Crypt Lord) b) Kel'Thuzad (Lich/Necromancer) (depending on which you'd prefer a different base layout would have to be made)

Win/Loss Conditions:
Each team has their leader in the very back of their base, when the leader dies, that team looses, and logically, the killing team wins.

Income System:
The more your team kills, the more your team earns, much like in Legends of Eternity. There are normal points given for killing the spawn units, 1.5x normal points given for stationary in base units (ie. archers in a base), 2x normal points for destroyed structures, and for hero kills the points value is the [killed heroes level]/3x the amount of points (however there is a minimum of 1.5x increase).
In addition to this there will also be small bases in the northeast, and southwest corners of the map, the Scourge being North, Forsaken being South. There will be a path to each major base in these minor bases, on which a 'trade' cart will go back and forth between bases. Each time the trade cart reaches the small base, each player is award 50x their level in gold. This makes protecting both bases a strategy, because not only does the smaller one provide a good cash source, but also gives an almost DIRECT link to each teams leader that is fairly unguarded (the 'trade route' to say the least).

The rest is up to who ever decides to make it, the idea came to my mind, and I thought it a good one, yet I currently have no time to pursue the project, but I am not one to let a good idea go to waste.

Of course you can change anything and morph the concept in what ever way you want, but if you make the map please credit me for the idea :p

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
I think every body would be interested... I am! I like how you win/lose thats very clever! My Opinoin: You should make it!!

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>My Opinoin: You should make it!!

Lol, I would like to make it, however I already have two projects I am working on.

One which is small, and simple, A Warcraft Christmas, and one that is HUGE on such a large unimaginable scale. My second map is a 3 part series, and of each part, I hope to make 8 maps, or chapters for each. Much to say it is a full scale campaign type thing.

But anyway, thanks for liking the idea, I will add any more things that pop into my mind to the original post. Right now I am thinking more on the units for each team, I mean of course, they can't use the same undead forces :p

Besides, if I do think up and right out the full layout, I may actually be able to make it myself :p

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
You also like campaigns?

I am making a large campaign. There are twelve levels, but after the third mission, your level depends on how good you are playing. So that means I make a level 4.a, level 4.b... etc.

I like the sound of this. The concept is very original, and it shouldn't take too long. The toughest part would probably making a custom Forsaken team...

Infact, my Avatar is the Campaign's preview screen... :p

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>The toughest part would probably making a custom Forsaken team...

Not in all actuality. I see it as easily done, from my perspective anyway.

Especially if the Scourge leader is Anub'Arak, you basically jsut have to use the Nerubians for thsoe forces, leaving all of the actual undead units for the Forsaken team to use.

Anyway I have bee nthinking and I have thought up the following so far for waves:

There will be three different waves, in turn, wave one will spawn, then wave two, then wave three, then back to one, simple enough. However each different wave of course, will incldue different untis, and when used right I am sure this can bring utter calamity upon the enemy.
Wave 1: Basic Wave - 5 Melee Units, 3 Ranged Units
Wave 2: Seiege Wave - 3 Melee Units, 2 Heavy Melee Units, 1 Seiege Units, 2 Ranged Units
Wave 3: Support Wave - 3 Melee Units, 2 Casters (one healer, one necromancer type thing I guess), 2 Ranged Units, 1 Air Unit

Also, the points have a purpose. There will be an upgrade system where your teams troops are upgraded when you reach a certain amount of points.
The upgrades will take place every 2500 points.

I will edit all this into the first post when I get home :p

Demonwrath

Reaction score
So...no one interested :p

When my comp gets back from repairs I may be able to whip up something, but I don't really have time >.<

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
I'm interested, I love testing out new AoS's.

Off-topic: I love your avater Demonwrath!

Demonwrath

Reaction score
I don't have much time to make this, which is the reason why I made it a concept...

As I said I will start it IF I get free time, as the comp with all my other WIP maps is in the shop getting fixed/upgraded

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.