Map Concept [Extra Long] Crimson Blossom

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I have this great map template, more like a scratch concept for a map, I've never really gotten to making it for I'm not experienced as.. most of you. Yet I do have much effort in writing and designing, and I present to you, this Warcraft 3, Roleplay Map Concept. The Crimson Blossom.

Basically a roleplay, of a hero, and heroes, of a school of physique magiks and illusional arts. Much like being a necromancer, and a warlock some would say, it is a school of mastering you to become a supreme being, of you taking your limits of your mortal self and amplifying them, using them, and controlling them.

Not necessarily dark magik, and horrifying spells, but cursed mind tricks, and physical benefits to the art of battle, is what you learn there.

The school is named "Iris" and the teachers, the guard, the staff is all unknown to the society of mankind. No histories, no background, what you see is what you get, and yet the Royal Kingdom, the Government and rule that controls the entire land that is known to those within, has not been informed of the school.

In the era of Warcraft, as you'd all know, with vast knights, templars and battles, major cities and beasts not of mortal spirits, yet imagine this without gods, without powerful spells of destruction, without the art of magic, it is replaces by natural ideals, and natural believes and possible mortal aspects people can manipulate. Yet not in the storyline of Warcraft as well.

The kingdom is run by a Messiah, one who everyone believe speaks to the omega and almighty, and it isn't exactly religion they believe in, but hope. They shall follow the guides of their "Messiah", who is literally a holy man, always peaceful and cheerful do the eyes of his followers and people, a strong, large man, and capable of massive mental manipulation of the mind, The art of Men, as they call it. And it is basically which everyone follows, most of the population extremely weak yet willing on the Art, but with some teaching of the school, anyone can become a master of it.

The school, has survived many great stories and tales, and the only records of them, are within the school itself. With an area unknown to any student, it is located within the Scarlet Mountains just overlooking the capital itself. The cathedral shaped mass is partially morphed into the mountain rock, and goes deep into the underground level of the mountain. However the accessible area of the students is practically the middle section, meaning high above ground dorms and cold weather, to the point of snow. At the 4 summits the school has, are the four guardians the school has. Guardian of Order, the Arch Templar. Guardian of Protection, Warlord Felix. Guardian of Secrecy, Master
Seth. And the Guardian of Mortality, Mistress Samora. Each of the four plays a equal role in the constant production of the school, and forming 'the perfect' balance of power and order within the superiors of the school, these are just the four top ranking. The school itself is made up of 7 different areas, or provinces within. They are in order as Grand Hall, Living Quarters, Core, Summits, Sanctuary, Labyrinth, and the Balcony.
The 7 areas of the school are simply written and are what they are named, the Grand Hall, is were there are performances, treaties, meetings, promotions, and executions. The Living Quarters are where students sleep, feed, have their own time to browse goods of traveling merchants, be in their rooms. The Core, is the underground levels, which make up more then eighty percent of the entire school, half of them are supposedly old and ruined, and some are supposedly the training ground of the four guardians, access is restricted, punishable simply, only by death, unless proper authority is granted. Summits, nothing is known, other then the Guardians starting their days within, and ending them as well, within. The summits are strictly off limits, though it doesn't seem like a student could get in even if they wanted to. The Sanctuary is were the students learn and perform certain classes, as well as the area were the library is located. The Labyrinth is also known as the Exit, as well as the Entrance, no one goes in and makes it to the exit, and who ever enters from the outside also never finds the entrance. You traveled once through it guided by a superior when you first enter the college, though your eyes are deeply closed and tightened. The Balcony is the great outdoors of the school, wherever you end up going, there is always a steep drop, meaning your death. Though practically it surrounds the entire school, with one half of the balcony beautiful winter gardens, and the overlook to the city, the other half a forest, hardly any student ever wishes to go inside by himself, and there are certain things out there which can be rewarded for use of talent and skill of survival. The forests size is unknown exactly, but in the library windows, the edges can be seen, and they are also the steep drops expected.
So far there many students who attend the school, groups, and friends, just like any other. No parents for the students are allowed, for weakness because of affection, and you are not permitted to have children with a fellow student, the topic is over. Within the school there are several classes you can take. The are in the following order, Illusion, Physics, Strategy, Coordination, Manipulation, Creed, and Mystery. Illusion would be the skill of mind tricks, playing with eyes and physical variables. Physics, is the skill of Strength, Power, Agility, Endurance, limiting your mortal body to perfection is the goal. Strategy, is skill in not only the ways of war, but simple human activities, which would lead you to understand the logic of mankind, expect actions before they happen, plan quickly in your head of your next action, making you think faster and easily, and controlling your mind with little effort. Coordination, the skill of flexibility, rolling, jumping, flipping, your weight and strength to weight ratio, your skill in a quick escape, skill to run, and making it way less tiring. Manipulation, controlling your opponents mind, with simple speeches, controlling the outcomes of others with your own influence to them. Creed, the skill of the laws, the lands of Rose, knowing the Creed and the rules you are to follow for the school, and focusing primarily on your ability to increase reputation in the land, increasing your influence you have on officials. And finally Mystery, the act of easy, simple killing, techniques involving points of the body, studying anatomy, mastering the art of offense. Not only physically defeating the opponent, making it a clean kill, but also corrupting the mind. Students are expected to take 3 to 4 classes, and perfect at least 1 by the end of your studies. After a student has finished his terms in the School, he will take 'Creed' until it comes his time, and he enters the summit, coming out clueless, being put to temporary sleep, and then taken out of the school, losing all primary memories of the school interface, the looks, and the people running it. There have been cases were the people who left have been given missions and orders from the Arch Templar, to do a simple deed of delivery and such, sometimes not always followed, but sometimes done as well.

That is pretty much the map/maps history, and concept. The actual game concept follows.

The game is an RPG, and it should be up to 6 or 5 players. This RPG should be major save load and be able to be included in other maps later on. The original map however should be of the School itself, and you becoming a well respected student, solving some mysteries within the school, bypassing guards and finding secrets, as well as discovering creatures in the Forest, of course.

The map interface should be a reasonable size inventory with Head, Body, Neck, Arm, Legs, Feet, hand, and finger slots, as well as 2 Weapon slots, and 3 Misc. Slots. Obviously difficult, but gives a Roleplay feeling, and there aren't more then 30 items the game has, this is based more on skill and your actions rather then items, and the items are rare, only 1 of each per map, and per person. And their location stays unknown and random until the public discovers it. Spell wise we'd need some help, but I want this game to strictly be real life damage system, obviously you being a student and all makes you a bit superhuman, and supermind, and full of tricks, but you die from slices, you die from big bashes and blows, things can knock you out, and things can wound you, you need to be mended, you need to aid yourself, you need to dodge and block, all part of this epic game. All your stats should be shown in one way or another, maybe a multiboard. And then you have to have a deep character selection featuring Human Race, Your character class, your primary school class, 2 passive selections and your gender. Throughout the game, you would have a spell book for all your passives, so you can read the descriptions and use them to your advantage, the passives aren't usable though, they are what your character does. Then a spell book of feats your character has, like blocking, dodging, getting sore, tired, parrying, striking, hitting, missing, critical, etc. And finally a spell book of your abilities, and I don't want to stop saying this, this is based on somewhat real life, you don't use magic, but you can talk people out of things, you can throw knives super accurately, but you can't make explosions happen by lifting your hand.. got the idea?.

The school itself has to have like a spacey feeling to it, meaning full of stuff, potions everywhere, library books dusted, yet students reading, constant motion, patrolling, and timed events, people talking, interactive DnD interface, meaning you can search the area around you, just that old cathedral/school feel to it. The forest should have pickable herbs and rocks and exotic grasses, enter able caves, hollow trees etc. Traps, being able to trip, logs in the way etc.

The character should start out in the grand hall, and be greeted depending on the primary class, go pick your dorm room, interact with other students, maybe steal stuff, but you can get caught for everything, you can get punished, you cant tresspass etc, and there will be kind of a mystery storyline flow in everyclass, with little signs from the teachers, you do quests for them and everything unravels, then sequels will come.

This is pretty much it, I guess a staff is needed for the map, with spells, items, triggers, look, quests, character creators, modelers, other then that anyone who would like to attempt this is free to try, and I recommend you do, I want to see if maybe we can get a group together and make this dream a reality!!!!

Comments and concerns.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun concept for a map. I would help you with the triggers, but I am a bit busy at the moment and I don't know if I would be able to help you out very much.

You got the title right for this post, "Extra Long" :p

Xapphire

Reaction score
Ha it's fine, I thought because I'd never make such a great thing by myself being in college, I should at the least let others know about it. :D

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, well its a good and different concept. This is good so its not the same maps bieng played. :p

Xapphire

Reaction score
Ha thanks a bunch, It took a couple days to think of, a couple nights of boredom, while studying, haha. Its much bigger then that, It was originally the concept for my first book, but ehhh.. I don't know, I want to see it as a map, maybe write a story about it later.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.