Map Optimiser

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Intro
A week ago I uploaded a map on the server to play with my friends while I was on vacation. However, problems problems...

I used Map Optimizer from Vexorian to protect/reduce size of it. Tested it on my host computer home, it worked so I assumed all is good. Apparently, people who have downloaded it from members projects (when they were told not to...) couldn't make it to work. I tried the same from a random computer miles away from home, it also didn't work.

Outro
When you try play the map, ingame it shows a most common thing nobody wants to see. You select it through the folders and it doesn't show forces, player slots or anything. You press play anyway, but the wc3 resets and it gets you back on the map selection screen.

NOTE:

I did not attach my map's common.j when I uploaded it here. I just uploaded the map. The Map Optimizer generated a J file for me, but I ignored it - because I did it before and maps I uploaded seemed to work without it.

1) Is this the problem why the map doesn't work? Will including J files when uploading the map fix problems?

2) Map is made in 1.22 wc3 version, but it shouldn't have problems being played on later versions. Someone reported that it doesn't work on patch 1.24. Is it patch problem or just the above?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the J file problem....so far vexorian's optimizer has worked for me (and I ignore the J file as well).

However, I can confirm that maps made on older versions of the editor do not work with WC3 of patch 1.24 or higher. Likewise, maps made on 1.24 editor don't work on older versions of wc3.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Nice to see you again answering everything with warp speed :p

Go to members projects > Don't download > and ignore my warning to download the map to get what I mean.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.