map size effect lag

punwisp

Reaction score
Quick question, how much does 480x480 lag the map? I just used newgens expanding map size, just wondering how much it will effect lag so I know whether to change it back or not

Scorpions

Reaction score
480 x 480 is too high, and when you adds some doodads and destructables, it's worse, but this happens in the beginning and when a inmense trigger is run(GUI). Whenever you add more GUI triggers, more lag place to the map.

Dest

Reaction score
Aight, I wont make it bigger then. Thanks

If you add some actions to your triggers, they can not leak, helping reduce your lag, but if you play a RPG and that is the size, how can you lag? :nuts:

It only lags for people with bad internet though. :rolleyes:

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
A small map won't fit for 12 players, try medium or large map, it all fits.

I have no idea what you're talking about :D he's talking about lag in a 480x480 map, there has been no talk about a small map, even if he doesn't break the blizzard map size limits, which as it seemed he wouldn't, I'm guessing he's going with the highest possible mapsize, being 256x256, or Epic size, where did you get the small map from?

Anyways, never finished a 480x480 map nor have I played one so can't really comment. But I guess with a well managed system one could handle such sizes, such as no units are spawned in areas that players are not, never loop through within playable map area for anything, dynamic terrain -> absolutely nothing happens in areas in which no players are, as few preplaced effects/destructibles as possible, creating them when players are to come into contact with them.

Should get rid of some lag, but as said, in multiplayer the players connection will matter and how good computer you got.

//==GooS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.