Map without a town hall!?

T

Tholon

okay... so I saw that my map wouldn't work without a town hall (exposes the bases)! So I thought well I can put in some subtle town halls and disguise them as something else or make them look like theyre just there to be pretty.. changed their model and size and arranged them...

BUT - they cant be put close to each other cus they have some sort of radius where they cant get closer, and I don't wanna take up unnecessary space.. tried everything in the object editor - wouldn't work..
THEN I took some wisps, gave them the "town hall" quality thingy , changed their model and expected them to work, cus they can be put closely together
Now map wont work without a proper Town hall again..
checked in gameplay constants but couldn't seem to find anything..

PLEASE tell me how to make a map work without town halls !!

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You mean, You are getting those starting units every time your map has loaded?
Just delete the "Melee Initialization" trigger.
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
        Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
        Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
        Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
        Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
        Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
        Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
        Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

Jonhpath

Reaction score
Go into the triger section and remove the thing that talk of win/lose conditions and of placing melee default units.

EDIT: well, posted at same time as Andrewgosu and it was a beter explain... but i had WE close so..

T

Tholon

Heh, I wish it were that simple.. I think I have removed the create starting units thingy, and I don't have any problem with understanding trigger functions, so :p

No my problem is everytime I open the map it says: "build a town hall or your base will be exposed!" ... or something like that

Jonhpath

Reaction score
euh. you mean it reveal you after 2 min? well just delete the win/lose condition.

EDIT: ho my! second time i post at same time

T

Tholon

oh lol, then excuse me for sucking :p

hmm thats weird, either Im wrong or last time I deleted that It wouldnt let me win the game when I destroyed the objective building, even with another custom win condition... well I'll trie it! thanks alot :p

Jonhpath

Reaction score
when remove win/lose condition, you cant win or die. so you got to create a custom win/lose condition if you wan to. well am not good at tuto but you can search this site ot google or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.