Marijuana

Zakyath

Reaction score
>is marijuana the only thing that makes people happy?.. There are alternatives to the "feel-good" feelings of alcohol or drugs.

That post was irrelevant. There are alternatives to cars, but people still drives cars. What is your point? :S

>Like what?

Endorphins, perhaps.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Endorphins are drugs.

esb

Reaction score
Aka drugs. same thing.

He meant there's alternatives to smoking, pills, injecting, etc.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Aka drugs. same thing.

He meant there's alternatives to smoking, pills, injecting, etc.

Uh, yes. I understood that. And you asked what the alternatives were. I gave you the example of endorphins, which is produced to make you feel good when you do certain things.

Besides, drugs and hormones aren't the same thing by definition.

esb

Reaction score
But most commonly endorphins and other hormones are applied through drugs.

Simply saying "endorphins" doesn't answer our question, of what makes people feel good (usually).

I don't know many activities that are easy to smoke or take, nor that have the instant effect.

Zakyath

Reaction score
You don't take endorphines, your body produces them for you. You should know what activities makes you happy, besides taking drugs. Otherwise, I feel sorry for you.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
is marijuana the only thing that makes people happy?.. There are alternatives to the "feel-good" feelings of alcohol or drugs.

Like what chocolate or sugar? Those are comparable to marijuana seeing as how they're naturally occurring and you could pick cannabis buds off a plant, throw it into your recipe for food and have the effects of it.

Also, for those who think it kills brain cells or causes cancer: http://blog.norml.org/2010/07/06/a-couple-recent-studies-the-mainstream-media-forgot-to-mention/

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If this kills the stupid people who smoke then drive then I'm all for it. survival of the fittest.
evolution ftw!

Does this make me a bad person?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Driving under the influence seldom kills only the driver...

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I guess it might do more harm than good to the human race. but if it's going to happen anyway you might as well look on the bright side? maybe population control? I guess I am a bad person.

anyway if it's legal the government will have more control over it.

esb

Reaction score
You don't take endorphines, your body produces them for you. You should know what activities makes you happy, besides taking drugs. Otherwise, I feel sorry for you.

Of course I know what it is. What I mean is, that marijuana is a quick way to get happy, while eating chocolate (which makes me happy =D) as someone said, doesn't make someone as happy as quickly.

In other words, Marijuana is quick and easy, other than sex.

I've never smoked or tried Marijuana btw.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
You obviously havn't smoked with me then. :eek:
But didn't they say it healthier than smoking tobacco or drinking?

Plus Proposition 19 in California will be voted on in November 2nd. The proposition includes allowing people to grow marijuana in private areas. Carrying one ounce of marijuana for personal consumption and using it in non-public areas.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Surprising.. the previous US Surgeon General agrees with the proposition.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
But didn't they say it healthier than smoking tobacco or drinking?

Plus Proposition 19 in California will be voted on in November 2nd. The proposition includes allowing people to grow marijuana in private areas. Carrying one ounce of marijuana for personal consumption and using it in non-public areas.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Surprising.. the previous US Surgeon General agrees with the proposition.

I am 101% for legalizing marijuana, it's a natural plant! I can understand man-made substances like Ecstasy and Acid being illegal, those are man-made and have crazy effects that are completely altering to your body compared to marijuana. People that drive high are way better than people that are driving drunk, and I have NEVER met anyone that gets stoned and then goes "Hey, lets go rob a store!". Thats an effect of alcohol and other hard drugs, marijuana just makes you relaxed, part of why it's used for medical purposes.

It's far less dangerous than alcohol, and way less worse than cigarettes. I've done my share of drugs, and I must say...
I've dropped my fair share of ecstasy at raves, and I've seen retards (pardon my language) drop in the middle of the dance floor because of an overdose or lack of water. How many times have I seen someone do that on marijuana? Zero. How many times have I seen someone do that from drinking? A few, not as bad as at the raves, but still bad. And yes, I do smoke quite often, so I'm aware of the effects first hand.

So many things, such as cigarettes and alcohol, are already legal. They're just keeping this "illegal" at the time because they can't tax it as easy as alcohol or cigs. Legalize it, it's a naturally growing plant and you can't overdose on weed...

is marijuana the only thing that makes people happy?.. There are alternatives to the "feel-good" feelings of alcohol or drugs.

Why weed? People are drinking daily, and most of the population does. Why should something like alcohol be allowed, and not weed? Yes, there are other ways to "feel-good", but why should one be legal and not the other?

If this kills the stupid people who smoke then drive then I'm all for it. survival of the fittest.
evolution ftw!

Does this make me a bad person?

No, it makes you incredibly ignorant. How about you research on marijuana a bit and see the real side behind it, and stop believing everything society tells you about it. Half the stuff they say is either fake or from a SMALL SMALL number of tests done, and half the time it's from another cause. Example: They test it on a rat with cancer, it dies, they claim weed helped kill the rat. This is not proven, but they technically can say that the weed may have something to do with it, but it isn't ever shown on any other tests, but because that one time, they can say it. Research man, I will never drop a drug without researching it first. And I'm talking illegal or legal. If the negative side effects are just so stupid its, well, stupid, then no. Or if the negative side effects outweigh the positive ones, nope.

Research.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Why, "some" people are so proud to smoke marijuana? hmm Because it's illegal?
Well, tell me

Zakyath

Reaction score
Well, tell me

Proud? I find that most people are open about it, but not necessarily proud of it. Maybe you've mistaken sincerity for pride. I think most people who smoke it doesn't think that it's nothing to be either proud or ashamed of. Well, okay, if you're 15 it might 'be cool' the first weeks.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well, tell me

Proud? I don't go around saying stuff like "Hi, I'm James, and i like to smoke weed!". If asked, I will admit I do. Why do I like it? Because I like the feeling. Simple as that.
I find it fun and enjoyable to sit around with some friends and smoke, and just chill. Like the other day, my buddies and some female friends of ours just smoked a bit and sat around and chatted and watched Good Luck Chuck. It's just fun...

I don't do it to get away from anything, I do it because I feel like it and enjoy it. Why do people smoke cigs? Worse than weed, and tons of people do it. I don't see the number of people against weed against cigarettes...
I am personally completely against the little kids that smoke and make their myspaces/facebook all weed-themed and are completely out there about smoking. Thats just to look cool...

FannyShaver

Reaction score
All drugs should be legal, but this is the government that should be in control. What happens now, taxpayers are spending milions if not bilions to fight cartels and gangs and as a result, I'll go to any college in West Midlands, ask any bloke for 2g of coke, and I will have it within 1h. What's the point? If government were in control, create drug stores, provide people with support, create new jobs and main thing, keep money in the government instead of blowing it away. There is absolutely no problem in buying drugs at the moment even though they are illegal, that battle is completely lost at it's very beginning. We can hear sometimes of a drug transport which was taken by the police, worth about 5m$. This would be worth 5m$ if ever end up on the streets. Real production costs are nothing, drug lords take no notice for one transport taken, as much more will pass through...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.