Mech Wars (unfinished)

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
I am sorry to announce that I will be leaving TheHelper.net. Though most of you probably don't know me, those that do probably don't care for me that much anyways. I have been here since March 8th of this year, and have amassed more rep then some people who have been here for a year more than me. Currently I'm on page 5 of rep list, the same page as people such as Steel, Knight7770, and baka-ranger. I have tried to be a good forum member, and have kept an average of over 5 posts per day, and going here almost everyday.

Now on to the map!

This map, which I have entitled "Mech Wars" uses an arrow movement system. To attack you either press the attack ability or use the hotkey f. I've created e this map by myself, using a few tutorials to help me on the way.

Since I don't really have the time right now to explain everything right now here's the map fully un-protected, ready to be taken apart, and edited. You can take credit all you want, I won't be mapping anytime soon. Most of the heroes don't have 4 abilities, but if you want to see some near-completed heroes, use the hero with the mountain king icon (cause there's no logical tooltip), or the motor team one. All of the others have some or no abilities. Some things haven't been changed from Tank Wars to Mech Wars (i.e the loading screen). If you have any other questions, look at the triggers ect, or e-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected] cause I probably won't respond here.

One last thing, most spells aren't MUI or MPI.

Have fun.

Attachments

• Tank_Wars_16SD_Stable_Alpha_v0.04.w3x
    666.4 KB · Views: 211

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
You're leaving? :(

That's actually kinda usual for me, I never finish anything. I've never fully learn a programming language, or finished a project. In delphi I made a half functioning calculator. In Flash I made a ball move around. In Imageready a few okay gifs. In html I made a website template, but never an actual website. And in The World Editor I made this.

My not completed list of failures. And guess what, I'm starting to learn C++ for ds homebrew. And again who thinks that I'll actually finish it, not me.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're leaving :(

Anyways, I will check out the map when I get a chance to.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
But you don't even know me (me thinks) so why are you sad?
Clearly you want people to be sad, why else add a great speech about your large amounts of rep and and postmassing, and then sadly tell about how you never complete things in a map thread and are leaving? :p

Sorry to hear your leaving, goodluck at whatever else you decide to do.. Is there any particular reason your stopping mapping?

Anyways, I tested the map. The movement\turning\camera seemed chunky and not that good, and the attack system wasn't...Anything great? (The bullets don't hurt people when they hit them, just explode when they hit the ground...And theres that wierd flagpole infront of you all the time.) I didn't get a hero with a spell, either. :)eek: Ill replay it with one that has spells sometime.)

The idea seems good but the attached map seems pretty bad.. I understand its not done but... >,<

I didn't look at the spells yet though, maybe they're good.

EDIT: Its only chucky when you turn with the arrow keys.

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
The attacking system has bugs :rolleyes:.

Well, I stopped because I didn't really have any motivation. I also think that the ds homebrew scene is awesome.

Well for the speech thing or w/e, I wanted people to know who I am, since I haven't been here for that long.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Well, I stopped because I didn't really have any motivation. I also think that the ds homebrew scene is awesome.
You stop mapping and leave thehelper because you don't have motivation? No wounder you don't finish most things.. :p You give up to soon and to early. I normaly have more then one map going at a time, That way when I get tired of one I switch to the other. Or just take brakes.

Well for the speech thing or w/e, I wanted people to know who I am, since I haven't been here for that long.[
Yeah, I wasn't complaining, just don't yell at people for being sad that your leaving... lol.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Yelling would have caps, an exclamation point, or both.
Complaining, fine.. lol...You just said how you attempted to be a good member, made many posts, and are well know\have a lot of rep, then say "Why are you sad that I'm leaving?" at him.

Anyways, lets not get too offtopic from the map.

I tested it again, with a hero who had spells.. They were all normal ones. :( Changed immolation, net, and some other thing.. Do other heros have custom spells?

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
There are some spells that are trigger-enhanced, the one you tried was the first one I made, and was more of a test. You could check in the trigger editor for the spells that were trigged.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.