"Media Event Sink Window" Annoyances

illidan92

Reaction score
Sometimes (almost all the time actually) when I press "turn off computer" the thing that says "Ending Task" and you can press end now thing comes up saying "Ending program: Media Event Sink Window". I waited, the bar got to the end, and I waited. I finally pressed "end task" and the window closed but it remained at the normal screen, not shutting down. A few seconds later another window pops up saying "Ending task: Media Event Sink Window". I said "Wtf?" clicked end task, and it happened again. After going through about 5-8 of those it finally terminated and shut off. Next day I come on, then when it was time to turn it off the thing came up again, so I opened task manager, then under processes found like 30 windows media players in there. After about a minute of terminating those processes one by one, I clicked turn off computer and no ending task BS came up. My question is, how do I get it to not do that?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Run some virus scans, a virus if probally doing it.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do you have any Plugins for WMP?

Also, check C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files, there should be codecs in there named things such as,{943855003404}, try erasing those files.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.