Meepo net spell [GUI]

Powergoat

Reaction score
There is. Just above the events in your trigger, it should say your trigger's name. Right click that, and select Copy As Text, then past it into some code tags (the # symbol)
Ok thanks.

Code:
Net2
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Abi_Net
    Actions
        Set Pt_Net_TriggerPos = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set Pt_Net_TargetPos = (Target point of ability being cast)
        [B]Unit - Create 1 UnitType_Net_Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Pt_Net_TriggerPos facing Pt_Net_TargetPos[/B]
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Integer(((Distance between Pt_Net_TriggerPos and Pt_Net_TargetPos) / Real_Net_NetMoveRate)))
        Unit - Add Abi_Net to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Abi_Net for (Last created unit) to (Level of Abi_Net for (Triggering unit))
        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Ugrp_Net_PickedUnit
        Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
        Trigger - Turn on Net3 <gen>
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Pt_Net_TriggerPos)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Pt_Net_TargetPos)

Bold line was the problem since he needed to face the target castpoint instead of facing the same castingangle as the caster did. I think everythings working ok now. Thanks for the help!

PooBucket

Reaction score
I thought Meepo's Net Skill ensnares everything in the net's path? Anyway, why not just make the stupid dummy unit with model ensnare, then make it move towards the targeted point, and once it's there you can make everything ensnared there.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
no its just AoE where the net lands. not like the tornado. and to your suggestion, thats exactly what vypur's trigger is doing.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> exactly what vypur's trigger is doing

Not entirely 'exactly' I think :p. I think Poo was suggesting about ordering the unit to move (to walk) to the targeted point whereas my trigger was based off sliding method. Using move may not be favourable, as the max movespeed is only 522 and using move method is a bit weird (my opinion :p). But it's also possible.

> ensnares everything in the net's path?

Untrue. Unless it's different in the new versions. Haven't played DotA since all the new weird heroes are introduced.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
lol oh, regular move? 522 is too slow for abilities and there could be problems with collision, even if the collision is off, they tend to go around stuff.

if you played spectre in dota, his dagger turns off his collision yet you have to click multiple times in the unpathable terrain (trees, cliffs) in order for it to "give up" trying to go around it and actually go straight through.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> collision

You can use Fly movement to solve this problem. But yeah, using move method seems a bit, errr, weird >.<".

Edit (for below post):
> way to destroy my point -.-

Lol... >.<

PooBucket

Reaction score
S`pose your right about movement, it's too slow but I'm crap in doing things. I'm desperate xD.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.