Melee Custom Ability

CrazyCon

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a simple melee custom ability? Think of Heroic Strike from World of WarCraft on the Warrior class. If you happen to know anything like that (just a simple increased damage hit + stun) please tell me. I tried to make it myself but the animation won't work; it doesn't actually hurt anyone, and he pauses for like 2 seconds. Haha, fail right?
Noobism. :)

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
So, that would be something like bash?
Just use the Bash skill on Mountain King of the Humans Race.
Bash has a chance on every attack to deals bonus damage and stuns the target for 2 seconds. Is this what you wanted?

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Can you be more specific? With Trigger Editor, you can do almost anything that comes to your mind. It would be good if we had somewhere to start off.

Or, if all you want is an increased damage and stun, you can trigger it so that when you cast the spell, you gain a bonus damage and an 100% bash ability for a period of time or until you attack.

Pardon me for not playing WoW.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a simple melee custom ability? Think of Heroic Strike from World of WarCraft on the Warrior class. If you happen to know anything like that (just a simple increased damage hit + stun) please tell me. I tried to make it myself but the animation won't work; it doesn't actually hurt anyone, and he pauses for like 2 seconds. Haha, fail right?
Noobism. :)

Heroic Strike is the very first ability a warrior receives. It affects the next melee attack, dealing the attack's regular weapon damage, plus some value, based on its rank. It also generates additional threat, and higher ranks deal more damage against dazed targets.

Sure, you can do that. First define how many levels you want for this ability. Then take care of paperwork, defining hotkey, static unchangable damage, tooltips etc.

Ability may be like this:

Heroic Strike

Levels: 3

Damage: 50/100/150

Cooldown: 12/10/8 seconds

The Warrior charges with his weapon, dealing 50/100/150 damage to his target + bonus 20/30/40 damage. If the target is dazed, it deals bonus damage equally to the Warrior's Strength.

When your done with that, make the following triggers:

Events
Unit casts an effect of an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast equal to <Your Ability Name (just scroll the list)>
Actions
Damage Target for additional damage (This can be found under Unit>Damage Target) <You may want damage to scale with levels, so making it auto-changing is good>

You can make a new trigger against dazed targets:

Events
Unit casts an effect of an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast equal to <Your Ability Name (just scroll the list)>
Actions
Now you check if target is dazed via IF THEN ELSE statement - IF target of casting ability has buff of type (You may want to make an additional ability for example Thunder Clap that will make the target dazed) Dazed, THEN Damage Target for additional damage (Same thing you scale additional damage with levels) ELSE Do nothing

I am sorry I can't make the triggers for you, I am not near editor. However this should work just fine for what you want.

Someone else can make these or better triggers for you to use.

Cheers

CrazyCon

Reaction score
Thank you for the help.

I'm not that used to triggers, so I wasn't sure how to do that until you explained it.

I tried Bash, but it didn't work they way I wanted it. :(

So again, thank you. I'll use the triggers then. :)

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Here are the triggers I promised making once near editor:

First Trigger deals additional damage equal to the level of Heroic Strike (1-2-3) thus, causing additional damage per level. The formula 1+Level of Heroic Strike * 10 causes the bonus damage to be:

1 Level - 1 + 1 X 10 = 20
2 Level - 2 + 1 X 10 = 30
3 Level - 3 + 1 X 10 = 40

You can change the formula in any way if you want more/less damage.

Trigger:
  • Heroic Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heroic Strike
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (((Real((Level of Heroic Strike for (Triggering unit)))) + 1.00) x 10.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

Second Trigger checks if the target is dazed so it can be dealt extra damage equal to the Hero's Strength. This value is constant, but if you get more Strength more damage will be done.

Trigger:
  • Heroic Strike Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heroic Strike
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Dazed) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions

Again, you don't have to have the Hero deal Strength damage. Just put whatever formula you want for additional damage. Your choice really...

You can make the other spell I suggested "Thunder Clap" so you would have a way of dealing full damage of Heroic Strike to enemy unit. Like a combo, first Thunder Clap does its damage and if you cast Heroic Strike while target is dazed it will be dealt:

At level 3, 150 + 40 + Strength damage.

Let me know if everything worked fine for ya.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.