melee strategies

C

Cryo

Undead factory

the best str i can think of for undead is death knight and deardlord and get like 5 wagons with 10 nercos and a copile banshees and stautes it make a good army of sekles:D

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
the best str i can think of for undead is death knight and deardlord and get like 5 wagons with 10 nercos and a copile banshees and stautes it make a good army of sekles

Yes, and get owned by something like dispel magic...

A

Atreides

That troll strategy seems like it would only work if you had the element of surprise. A few area of effect units would case major problems for mass, packed ranged units.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
I think most imba strat in 50% handicap mode :)P) is go warden, go glaive throwers and get some griffins to kill the forstwyrms your friendly neighbour UD might be building.
edit--> by friendly I dont actually mean friendly...

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
In 1v1 what is a good strat for nightelves?

Should I make a variety of everything or just pick two diffrent unit types?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
As undead, I like using necromancers and meat wagons, fill about 4 up with bodies and have 12 necromancers. I use a DK, but i don't go death coil, I go death pact, because it's fun to completely heal your DK on an expendable skeleton warrior. Rush the wagons in, and commence the the raising. I also bring 2 obsidian statues, one on health and one on mana. 2nd hero should be dreadlord for vamp aura.

Humans, I love mass flying machines. What else can I say? They are super quick, and when you have 48 of them, they make quick work of any main and give you total control of the air. can't really be countered if all you use them for is hit and runs.

Night elf. I don't care what people say about hippogryphs, they are horrible aa because they have terrible health, and there aren't any air units weak to normal attacks anyway. Another horrible mistake people make, massing dryads, good if the enemy only makes heavy magic dealers, but if they have maybe, I dunno, 3 or 4 morters or catapults, your dryads are all going to die. Very quickly. Chims are good, if you have good aa to go with them (not hippos, hippo riders or just archer are better) druids of the talon are excellent if they have cyclone, try spamming that on those pesky tauren. Bears are good also, but fall short of the other races melee units, you only want a few to absorb damage, but in that respect, mountain giants are better. That's a lot of what not to do with night elf. (mountain giants do own though)

Orc. Always make your first hero blade master. If you want the best chance of winning that is. Build a voodoo lounge fast, so you can send your bm off with a healing salve and those mana potions (forgot what they are called, restore mana over time). Harass harass harass. Best races to harass are night elf and undead. hardest is orc because of burrows, then humans because of militia. undead are the best target to harass, just kill the acolytes on the gold mine. As for units, orcs shine in melee and have no units that deal good magic damage. Tauren are the best melee attackers, especially when paired with witch doctors (the best supporting caster in the game imo) and spirit walkers to raise them when they die. these are basic strategies. I could go into horrible horrible mean tactics (mass teleporting seige engines into an enemy base using an invisibe unit), but I have typed a lot already.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I just love to use that undead tactic in that blizzard teaches out during the first campaign. The meatwagon and nec thingy.

I start differently depending on each map, but I have an army consisting of this in the middle of the game:

First hero: Deathknight, beacuse of the unholy aura and deathcoil.
Second hero: Dreadlord, beacuse of the vampiric aura and sleep.
Third hero: Pitlord, but only if available, this is beacuse of the fear ability.

Units are these:
2-4 ghouls.
4-6 cryptlords.
4-6 meatwagons.
12 necromancers.
And either 2 abominations or 3-4 gargoyles depending on the opponent.

When attacking the enemy, unload the corpses onboard of the meats and skelly them up, this will cause a seemingly neverending horde of skeletons, wich does not affect the pop btw, to flow into the enemies base.
With the lifesteal(Vampiric aura) and the movement speed and I think it is health regen from the Unholy aura.
And the fear from the pitlord onto the enemies.
Does it get any better?

Skeleton warriors, good cannon food.
Skeleton mages and necs, anti melee, since melee tend to have heavy armor.
cryptlords are there only for taking down air easely.
Abominations to act as tanks, or gargoyles to act as anti air.

Edit: Oh, and beacuse of the high amounts of skeletons I almost never have to worry about the enemie using dispel-magics on them, there are to many for that to have any real effect:D I am talking about 100-150 skeletons.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Making 5-6 necros 4 Wagons 2-3 obsidians (2 for mana regen and 1 for hp. the hp 1 is not really that needed.) Set on auto cast. Couple it with a a force of Gargoyles and Wyrms for late game carnage. The Gargs and wyrms should have a crypt lord in the group while the Necros should have a death night. You don't need another hero.

The necros would keep spawning skeles while the wagons and obsidians would keep them topped up with the resources required for raise dead (mana and bodies) The Gargs and wyrms are there to help keep anti air,keep Units fatal to both ur necros and skeles and help deal with defenses. Basicly turn off raise dead when ur in transit and only turn it on when either attacking an enemy or while ur troops are being attack.
Make sure all those unit's tech's and upgrades are researched. Also bring a shade to sniff out hidden units though most of the time that isn't required.

This is equivalent to a 12 guardian steamroller in starcraft :D

Watch them cower in fear!!

Also i find massing faiere dragons a somewhat effective tactic when faced against newbs.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I just love to use that undead tactic in that blizzard teaches out during the first campaign. The meatwagon and nec thingy.

I start differently depending on each map, but I have an army consisting of this in the middle of the game:

First hero: Deathknight, beacuse of the unholy aura and deathcoil.
Second hero: Dreadlord, beacuse of the vampiric aura and sleep.
Third hero: Pitlord, but only if available, this is beacuse of the fear ability.

Units are these:
2-4 ghouls.
4-6 cryptlords.
4-6 meatwagons.
12 necromancers.
And either 2 abominations or 3-4 gargoyles depending on the opponent.

When attacking the enemy, unload the corpses onboard of the meats and skelly them up, this will cause a seemingly neverending horde of skeletons, wich does not affect the pop btw, to flow into the enemies base.
With the lifesteal(Vampiric aura) and the movement speed and I think it is health regen from the Unholy aura.
And the fear from the pitlord onto the enemies.
Does it get any better?

Skeleton warriors, good cannon food.
Skeleton mages and necs, anti melee, since melee tend to have heavy armor.
cryptlords are there only for taking down air easely.
Abominations to act as tanks, or gargoyles to act as anti air.

Edit: Oh, and beacuse of the high amounts of skeletons I almost never have to worry about the enemie using dispel-magics on them, there are to many for that to have any real effect:D I am talking about 100-150 skeletons.

Sounds interesting. But how to beat tc/fs shockwave+chain + walkers dischant/ressurect + mass taurens?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I wonder how a fight gryphon vs mass spirit walkers would end oO
magic dmg > light armor
magic dmg < unarmored armor

Tythoid

Reaction score
I play Night elf here a few god tips I have for playing them.
How to beat BM rush?
tc1. When a BM rushes solo to kill wisps in your base this can be huge pain as he can practically 1 shot them. To prevent this once you have your 5 lumber wisps in build the moonwells in front of the trees making it so that no melee units can get to them.

tc.2 If you have a none NE ally send you wisps there either that or send them to a stand of trees far away from your base.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
UD: rush to necs and wagons, get exhume and park them over at the nearest mana fountain. Infinite number skeleton stream, because his is realy easy on the popcap, therere's more then enough gold for a few wyrms to get rid of any dispellers. Works best in 3v3.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.