Arena Mini Element Arena

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Mini Element Arena B

A new map project from your favorite green being, emjlr3!

Introduction:

A new project that I began on the side of Ice and Blood, just for fun. It is fairly simplistic, both in design and functionality, however, I think its a quick, fun, entertaining escape from the endless bombardment of DotA. You begin by selecting from 8 pseudo unique heroes, and 4 elements. The selected element becomes your passive, and determines how you interact with other heroes. Each hero comes freshly equipped with 3 innate abilities, none of which can be leveled up. They grow as your stats do, and you have complete control over your stat placement, as in Ice and Blood, up to your maximum level of 15. Battle the enemy heroes in a free for all arena, creep camps, or just run around and peruse the "lovely" terrain. Choose your desired game mode, and enjoy the battle royal that insues!​
The basic idea here was just to create something different, yet familiar, and have a good time doing so.​

Neat Features:

• Hero Selection System - select your hero with help from Dialog buttons with hotkeys
  • Advanced Hero Attribute System - select what attributes increase when your hero levels
  • Hero Elements - choose from 4 different unique elements
  • JASS Enhanced Heroes and Items - fun spells to keep the partying rolling
  • Multiboard - displays all that fun info. you pain for
  • Hero Kills - custom hero kill bounty system
  • Revival - three different ways to revive your hero
  • Merchant - can you find him?
  • A.S. - how stupid can those computer controlled heroes be?
  • Lush Terrain - take that 2P!

Thoughts/Concerns:

If you have an idea you think could benefit my map, please post your thought. If you have any questions or other comments, do not hesitate to let them be heard. If you are interested in lending a hand in the production, pm me with your ideas :)

Full Release Progress: Released

**Version B now available!!!!

Map Download Link

Version B
  • Fixed a minor bug in Survivor mode that would trigger the end game multiple times
  • Added a timerdialog after the game ends, and lengthened the duration
  • Doomguards warstomp cd and damage fixed
  • Fixed intel over 150 crashing the game when casting avalanche
  • Fixed the bug where black arrow would create skeles at times when units didn't die
  • You no longer lose mana from mana shield with an orb of superiority activate
  • Earth element no longer returns more hp then damage taken while orb of superiority is active
  • Gaining a level no longer disrupts channeling, however, the attribute bonus no longer flashes after leveling either

Final
  • Fixed a bug where once you selected a hero or element, it would not display the "Please Wait" text to the correct player
  • Added a distance cap to Life Drain
  • Widened the Multiboard a bit to allow for complete Game Mode and player has Left The Game displays
  • Realized I was not selecting options correctly in the optimizer, so the map should run even smoother now

RC5b
  • Added the cooldown to all abilities descriptions
  • Increased cooldown of Meteorites (10s - 95s)
  • Fixed a rare bug where if you did not select a hero or element the game would be unplayable for you
  • Re-worked the Storm Element
  • Nerfed the Fire Element damage and damage return (15% - 10%)

RC5
  • Guardian can no longer be killed
  • Wind Walk now shows the correct damage done, had previously displayed 2*str. not 2*agi.
  • Forked Lightning no longer targets invisible units nor resurrection stones
  • Doom's tooltip now reflects the fact that the spawned demon's health and damage is contingent upon the casters strength
  • Schaefer's Hammer's knockback duration reduced (1.5s - 1.2s), ranged chance to trigger reduced to 12%
  • Various typo fixes
  • Heroes no longer cost lumber to revive
  • Bonuses for stat gains have been fudged with a bit
  • Increased Wind Walks cd (5-20) and decreased the duration (20-15)
  • New Items : Holy Staff, Defender of Justice

RC4c
  • New Items: Hyper Helm, Schaefer's Hammer, Blazing Mail
  • Updated map version info. throughout the map, unlike in RC4b
  • Added a few instructional in game messages and fixed some Quest Info. grammer and spelling errors
  • Targeting heroes with Corpse Explosion no longer removes them from the game, they now cannot be targeted again until after they respawn
  • Game will hopefully work now on all computers

RC4b
  • Fixed a minor bug where Orb of Superiority's active would sometimes not block incoming damage if the hero had full hp
  • Fixed the attachment placement of the Orb of Superiority buff
  • Removed Orb of Superiority tester item from game
  • New custom effect added to Soul Burn
  • Fixed Corpse Explosion again not exempting some dummy units properly
  • New Games Modes: Survivor, Timed
  • Reorganized the items at the shop to reflect their relative price
  • Multiboard now displays the current game mode
  • A few minor odds and ends here and there

RC4
  • Increased required level to revive with a ghost (2 - 3)
  • Lance of Atrophy's ability Decay actually works now :)
  • New Hero : Elementalist
  • New model for Grenades explosion effects
  • Fixed some typos in Adrenaline
  • Many new custom icons
  • Fire Bolt and Black Arrow sped up slightly
  • Regret has a new effect
  • Several abilities now have sound effects
  • New Goblin Merchant item shop added near center of map with Lance of Atrophy
  • New Items: Custom Kicks and Orb of Superiority

RC3
  • Bug with Life Drain not stopping when heroes died, or when they went invisible, fixed
  • Slight buff to exp gain, handicap, and stat distribution for AI heroes
  • Fixed a bug where the game would not end if a hero got two kills at once, taking him over 15 for the game
  • Tweak to hero AI so heroes do try and attack Resurrection Stones, thus getting stuck there until they were killed
  • Fixed a bug with corpse explosion not correctly exempting the Firelord's dummy units, thus causing massive damage explosions
  • Fixed a bug where meteorites could and would explode on the salesman and his little buddy
  • Buffed forked lightning, and fixed a bug where it could only target a max of 2 extra units instead of 3
  • Cut the size of the minimap image in half
  • Fixed the bug with meteorites not disappearing when they should if the caster died during their creation
  • New Hero: Space Fel Orc
  • New Item : Lance of Atrophy, which replaces Ring of the Archmagi

RC2
  • Slight terrain editing after advice from Acehart
  • Edited all item prices, and reduced refresh to 15s
  • Mask of Death now has a triggered effect so it no longer botches my damage detection system, and its leech is cut in half
  • Computer heroes now acquire items throughout the game
  • Buffed the Dark Ranger a bit
  • Various tweaks to the hero AI
  • Removed an unused icon I had imported for some reason or another
  • Fixed the game start message centering
  • New Hero: Firelord
  • Several new custom models added

RC1
  • Initial release

Attachments

• Main.jpg
    Main.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 815
  • Upper Left.jpg
    Upper Left.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 609
  • Bottom Right.jpg
    Bottom Right.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 575

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
just played a round against 3 computers. it's small and fun. ;) I couldn't find any bugs other than the question whether computer adversaries know how to deal with your stats system and the flying shop(?).
Also I find the gloves of haste should cost a bit more for the percentual effect they give.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
good fun :) though the computers don't do alot and you may want to tone down the agility to armour setting as my blademaster by the time of lvl 8 was invulnerable ( 54% dmg reduction + mask of death)

emjlr3

Reaction score
bump bump bump

updates coming later tonight, someone play this with actual humans rofl!

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Positive Comments:
-Leap ability is the best leap I have seen so far (love when he comes down and attacks :D)

... THATS ALL :D

emjlr3

Reaction score
new version available for play!

...bump...
doesn't anyone want to play my AI?

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Very good AI (Dark Ranger AI never casted the last ability [forgot the name :p] on me, which is very strange, since the special effect appeared at her.) and, one thing: How the heck you made that meteorite spell? It's so COOOL :cool: :cool: :cool:

emjlr3

Reaction score
yea her ulti usage is weird

its based off silence, but she never seems to use it on enemies, only herself.....odd

and as far as meteorites goes...well...im a beast!

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Nice meteorites :D except sometimes they bug but that dissapears with recast, ai alot more fun but a bit easy and as i said before agility heros have an advantage over the others.

emjlr3

Reaction score
bug out???? care to elaborate

the ai is about as good as i can make em, without cheating for them, heh

will lookn into agi bonuses

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
VERY nice map. Good job.

A few notes:

1) The current hero / element system isn't the best. Maybe it is just me, but I hate dialogs. How about trying to find another system? At the moment before picking something we have no idea what we are getting.

2) Maybe making the merchant not viewable by all playres (so we don't know his current location all the time) could add a nice element to the game, although it will improve the AIs... Anyway they are not very strong. :p

3) Almost always, but almsot always I'll go for my primary attribute, from time to time I may add here or other to other attributes. Maybe making that each spell is affected by different attribute will be nice?

4) The merchant has only 12 items (or 11) adding a few could be nice.

Overall a very nice map, just my thoughts on it. :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
1. i wanted something other then a tavern, or a vex like system, what else is there simpler then a dialog?
2. I tried.....if you had no vision of the merchant, then you would just be running around blindly looking for him, doesn't really add to the "skill" of the game
3. Which is which, I could base it off primary att., but the built on WC3 engine runs on primary atts being stronger then the others
4. hes only got X number of slots, what other items do you need? sheep stick?

thnx for playing

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
I don't want to let you crazy, but Meteorites bugged with me too. When an enemy Firelord died, he was with meteorites around him. However, after he dissipates, the meteors keep there, without moving. But, when I got close to one of them, it exploded, dealing damage. Better make a check at your triggers.

Anyway, good job with Naga Sea Witch Ultimate (WTH, I don't remember a single name >.<). The clouds are dummies, aren't they?

emjlr3

Reaction score
the cloud is a dummy units, yes

and I am not sure why meteorites are bugging when the hero dies, it should not be that way, I will have to test myself later

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen all the time. I killed the Firelord with meteorites around him only once.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> Emj|r3 reply to me.

1) I see, makes sense, although if you ever plan on adding a few more heroes, it could be a bit messy, as you'll need a few "pages" of dialogs.

2) Makes sense.

3) I'm sure that you could change a few games constants, so the primary attribute wouldn't be so strong. I just feel if each spell would be based on other attribute it could make the game a bit more interesting, and leveling more important.

4) I thought perhaps making that guy that always follows him (the mechant) another shop as well. I simply think that more items could make each game different.

I played this game a several few times, and I gotta say I got completely addicted to it. I won with each hero already, I just found myself spending on it more time than I ever spent on any WC3 custom game.

I have no idea why it is so addicting, maybe becuase it is so easy and simple to play (I mean everything is so accessable), or the fact that it is so colorful.

Great job with it, this game creates a very unique, simple gameplay that I enjoy very much. 5/5 Emj|r3.

Edit: I found a bug, I killed the Firelord when he had meteors around him, and they didn't die. More than that, I went with my ghost into one of those meteor and died, thus losing them game when I really shouldn't. :p

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
>>Edit: I found a bug, I killed the Firelord when he had meteors around him, and they didn't die. More than that, I went with my ghost into one of those meteor and died, thus losing them game when I really shouldn't.

Same with me. But I didn't died (I was revived already), just lose some hp.

emjlr3

Reaction score
i tried some tests, and meteorites never bugged for me, not real sure what the deal is

the idea was to make it simple, fast, action packed, and well...addicting I suppose

in any case, i may come out with another hero, and call it a final version

I have pretty much accomplished what i set out to with this map

emjlr3

Reaction score
RC3 is now out

I will probably release one more RC, with possibly another hero, and maybe a few new items

fix whatever bugs pop up with that, and release a final version

enjoy!

and please comment

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.