Minigames Contest

Tonks

Reaction score
Minigame Contest -

A (unique) attribute to this contest is that I would be taking any submissions (with permission) and compiling them into a party-style map. I will create a quest tab for each minigame in the map, with credits to the author and a description of the game.

Parameters for submissions:
· Tropical-themed.
· Supports up to 10 players.
· Must be a (somewhat) original idea.
· Optimal triggering, no messy / useless functions, and no leaks.
· Can take no longer than 7 minutes.

Submissions will be graded on:
· Aesthetics (20 pts)
· Gameplay (15 pts)
· Appeal (10 pts)​
· Triggering (25 pts)
· Originality (5 pts)
· Fits Parameters (25 pts)

Total: Score out of 100 points.

There will also be a public voting for the winner, which will be calculated in with my grading to determine the winner.

Rules:
· Must be created for this contest specifically.
· Must fit submission parameters.
· You may work together with someone, but only one of you will be rewarded (both will be credited).
· You can use use JASS and/or GUI , and all of your code must be written by you.
· Everybody is allowed and encouraged to enter, as long as they follow the rules.
· Please post info and WIP screenshots of your contest while you are making it to get more activity in this thread.
· Imported models are allowed, and may or may not help your aesthetics grade

Theme:
This contest's them will be Tropical. Your submission must be applicable in a tropical setting.

Reward:
First Place - Your minigame will be added to the game roster every single game, whether it's chosen by the players or not, and will have a gold title and a note stating that you won in the games list. You will also receive +Rep.

Second Place - Your minigame will have a silver title and a note stating that you got second place in the games list. You will also receive +Rep.

Third Place - Your minigame will have a bronze title and a note stating that you got third place in the games list. You will also receive +Rep.

Outline for Submission Post:
Name of Game:
Description:
Map Size (physical, not filesize):
(upload the map to that post)

Deadline:
All submissions should be turned in around June 12th.
If all submissions are complete beforehand, the contest will end and I will begin grading.

Contestants:
· elmstfreddie (minigame not yet submitted)
· uareanoob (minigame not yet submitted)
· Überplayer (minigame not yet submitted)
· Rheias (minigame not yet submitted)
· Geelottaja (minigame not yet submitted)
· Tom Jones (minigame not yet submitted)
· hi_im_bob (minigame not yet submitted)
· Void (minigame submitted 5/30/07)
· martix (minigame not yet submitted)
· ~GaLs~ (minigame submitted 5/30/07)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Niiice idea.
Count me in :D

Idea - Stranded With Coconuts
You got stranded on a tropical island! There 4 trees, that hold coconuts (How convenient). You must pick up some pebbles for your slingshot, then shoot down a coconut from the tree, then break it open to get coconut juice, which will hopefully keep you alive until the ship comes.
Instructions:
Find some pebbles for your slingshot, then go into shooting mode. Set your slingshot's power for the distance, and the height for how high you want to shoot. Then, shoot! If you miss, try again, and be sure to have more pebbles!
Once you have a coconut, go into cracking mode, and press the arrow keys shown above your head to complete the cracking. If you press the wrong arrow key, then you lose 2 points towards the final breaking. You need 10 points to break open the coconut.
First person to drink their coconut juice wins!

It sounds more complicated then I explained probably... I guess you'll find out when you play eh?

BTW - How many players?
Until you say I'm assuming 12 ^^

Real Outline
Name: Stranded With Coconuts
Description: Errr... Read above. lol
Map Size: 32x32 (may increase/decrease)

Tonks

Reaction score
What spell...

Oops. I copied the outline from the spell contest, thanks for pointing that out.

Are contestants allowed to use Jass New Gen Pack?

Sure.

BTW - How many players?
Until you say I'm assuming 12 ^^
· Supports up to 10 players.

woah july 1st............ people will lose interest fast i suggest shorting it
Oh damn! For some reason I thought July was after may. Make it like June 5th-10th

June 12th, then. But, like I said, if all submissions are completed before the due date, then the contest will end and grading will initiate.

By the way, I'm looking for an advanced Jass user to help me grade any Jass-submissions. My Jass knowledge is basic, and not thorough enough, in my opinion, to fairly grade Jass submissions. I've PM'd Chocobo, but if anyone wants to volunteer, I'd appreciate it.

Tonks

Reaction score
Updated the initial post with new material.

Outline for Submission Post:
Name of Game:
Description:
Map Size (physical, not filesize):
(upload the map to that post)

Reaction score
You could have added me in immediately after you made this contest.
This is quite nice contest, something fresh and new :p.

(I'm in)

Reaction score
I was wondering, how are you going to test that it's good for 10 players. I suggest you to hire a team of 10 to test the map. Actually I would like to be a one, but dunno if it would be allowed cause I am contestant.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Why'd you need 10? 2-3 at most would do to test tenability (WTF?! Firefox says tenability is a word, I just made it up... ten - ability. The capability to be 10, lol).

Tonks

Reaction score
I'm in, thanks for running this.

Added. :)

Count me in.

I was wondering, how are you going to test that it's good for 10 players. I suggest you to hire a team of 10 to test the map. Actually I would like to be a one, but dunno if it would be allowed cause I am contestant.

Well, seeing as this contest is becoming somewhat popular, and also seeing as I'm in Anchorage, whereas most of TH.net is somewhere else far away, it would be tough to arrange. I'm thinking that I'm going to go through all the maps in WE by myself, check out the core of it, then test it online with a few of my close friends.

Why'd you need 10? 2-3 at most would do to test tenability (WTF?! Firefox says tenability is a word, I just made it up... ten - ability. The capability to be 10, lol).

I plan to have as many as possible.

I'm joining aswell.

Yah I would like to enter also.

Reaction score
>..then test it online with a few of my close friends.
Yeah, well that's a good idea too :D

Yesterday started making the minigame, but somehow I forgot to do it tropical themed, so it was more likely bombing humans in a city..

Tonks

Reaction score
Yesterday started making the minigame, but somehow I forgot to do it tropical themed, so it was more likely bombing humans in a city..

Bombing humans on an island? :eek:

Btw, I'd just like to remind everyone that it must be tropical themed. I'm afraid some people might not have noticed that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.