Minimap Craziness

jwallstone

Reaction score
When I restrict the camera bounds to a rect, for some reason the minimap still shows the entire map, and even shows unrevealed terrain. Anybody know of a way to fix this?

Yoshii

Reaction score
When I restrict the camera bounds to a rect, for some reason the minimap still shows the entire map, and even shows unrevealed terrain. Anybody know of a way to fix this?

in your map option uncheck the "masked area are partially visible"

jwallstone

Reaction score
Nope. It is unchecked.

It's for a hero selection. The minimap essentially sort of shows the correct minimap for the hero selection region, but it's also superimposed on top of a fully revealed minimap of the entire map. I.e., you can see dots for the hero selection units in the correct places, and there is a line for the boundary of the minimap that has the same proportion as the restricted region (shorter, wider), but the terrain is of the entire map.

As soon as the hero selection is done, the camera bounds are reset to the entire map, and then everything looks right. All the terrain becomes black, as it's supposed to. But it's all revealed during hero selection.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
You have a few options:

1) Disable the minimap completely.
2) Import a custom minimap.
3) When restricting cam bounds, enable black mask so everything is black.

jwallstone

Reaction score
I've tried setting the Black Mask each time the camera bounds are restricted, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm calling these three functions:
JASS:
    call FogEnable(true)
    call FogMaskEnable(true)
    call SetMapFlag(MAP_FOG_HIDE_TERRAIN,true)

I'm not really sure how they are different. But it doesn't work in this case. What specifically do I do for option #3?

Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.