Mining Stone

Whisp_Rush

Reaction score
Hi!

With some triggers, I made a Stone mine that works like this: If a unit enters, an item called Stone appears in the inventory of the mine. I gave the The load, unload, cargo hold and inventory ability to the mine, so the units can "enter" to it.

I used 3 triggers, here they are

Trigger:
  • Stone Mine
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is loaded into a transport
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and (((Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Stone Mine) and ((Unit-type of (Loading unit)) Equal to Peasant))
    • Actions
      • Set stonemine[1] = (Transporting unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on mining <gen>

Trigger:
  • mining
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Create Stone and give it to stonemine[1]

Now, this part works... a unit enters, and every 5 seconds a stone is produced to the inventory... I made an other trigger, to the case if there is no unit in the mine :

Trigger:
  • Stone Mine Out
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and (((Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Stone Mine) and ((Unit-type of (Loading unit)) Equal to Peasant))
    • Actions
      • Wait until ((Unit-type of (Loading unit)) Equal to No unit-type), checking every 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off mining <gen>

This doesn't work...
So I have a few questions:
-How can I make the third trigger correctly?
-How can a player make more than one Stone mine? (problem with the variable)
-How can I make that if there are more peasants are inside, the production is faster?

I u know the answer of these questions, please help me... if u don't know all, just 1, write it too, it would be a huge help for me

thx

evilwolf

Reaction score
Weird...
the best thing to do is just to create a new region somewhere on the map and call it stone mine.
If a unit enters somewhere it will be moved to stone mine.

LoveTD's

Reaction score
you can use a custom script to check if the variable stonemine[1] is not equal to null. if it is not you should use the second index stonemine[2] and then set the transporting unit to be that so you can have more then 1 stonemine for each player. Also, you can use loops to go through the index of your array to do this for all the other players at the same time.

Create a variable like: NumberOfUnits and use that as your index of the array ;)

example:

Trigger:
  • Stone Mine
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom Script: if udg_stonemine[udg_NumberOfUnits] != null then
      • Set NumberOfUnits = NumberOfUnits + 1
      • Custom Script: endif
      • Set stonemine[NumberOfUnits] = (Transporting unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on mining <gen>

so if stonemine[1] is empty the if will be skipped and stonemine[1] will be filled with the transporting unit.
if stonemine[1] is already in use the numberofunits will be set to +1 and stonemine[2] will be filled.

you can also use a loop For Integer A or (any integer variable) to check if all arrays of the variable are filled. This way when you for example nullified stonemine[2] you can reset it to a new value.

use a variable for the event in your second trigger.
Decrease the amount whenever there are more units inside your mine. (Or use a timer instead...)

you can also try using regions instead of loading transport. Since the wait function you used sometimes causes problems..
When you use regions you can try to use a condition like: region 001 <gen> contains some unit..
Also using regions would really simplify this system for you ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.