missile spell (easy and basic)

Kyux

Reaction score
hi, what spell can i base my missile spell off? i want it to have no target unit, only the area, and be a missile, not like crushing wave or shockwave.

Basically i'm making a nuke, fired from a plane, hitting an area, dealing HEAPS of AoE damage and then getting a dummy to cast death and decay on that area.

canons200

Reaction score
blizzard? silence? inferno ? Cxxxx missile(sorry forget the name)?

you can change the art target and art effect.

Seprest

Reaction score
Indeed, you can change the art field for the projectile on any spell. For missiles that are pick I prefer a scaled up version of the one mortar teams use. Cluster rockets ( I think that's what the OP wanted to say) go all over the place on their path, idk if there is a way to straighten them out. The mortar shell model I've used before to give a airplane a "bombing run" move to a WW2 map with satisfactory results.

A lil off topic, but it would be pretty cool to "call in" a nuke like in SC and just have a giant dummy unit with a big mortar shell model crash down (decrease height) and explode on an area.

Kyux

Reaction score
meh. i wana use a plane. the only problem with using blizzard or inferno, they don't shoot a missile..... they are channeled. i want it to be like storm bolt, but with AoE and target a point not a unit.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
The only point-targeted missile spells are Cluster Rockets and Healing Spray (both of which have a fixed missile "speed", where it takes a hard-coded amount of time for the projectile to reach the targeted point), and Pocket Factory, which of course can't target unpathable terrain like cliffs.

Seprest

Reaction score
So basically we are saying, use dummy units with locust + the model you want on them.

educator

Reaction score
the spell "channel" can be made to target a point in one of its fields but im not sure if it will help you coz iv not messed around with it much

Kyux

Reaction score
ok, i'll try cluster rockets, and channel. if not then ..... flame strike!!!

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Flame Strike doesn't shoot a missile at the target point, it's the ability "Sphere" that has that effect on all the Blood Mage's point and unit target abilities (this includes Banish as well). Furthermore, the abilities are unaffected by Sphere.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I mean that Flame Strike does not shoot a missile at the target area. The "missile" you see when the Blood Mage casts Flame Strike comes from the ability "Sphere".

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
The sphere are the three orbs spinning around the blood mage. Try to create a new spell based off Sphere, you will also see that it allows the unit to throw a projectile when casting a spell. I'm sure you'll easily find the projectile value in the skill properties.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.