Other Modern Sniper Wars

lbebusiness

Reaction score
[Shooter] Global War

*Updated map 1.00 - 1.01, I see the map would not load/play, so all this time no one was able to test this map without fixing stupid trigger errors. Well, I fixed those and threw together some other things I've been wanting in... Got the jump (yes like jump around, in the river and out ect) grenade (bouncy) stuff working... Next is the Vehicle System (already have it, just need to add/implement it.) Thanks to rinpun(http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57743)

Okay here's what happened:
A: I've been working on a map that started this thread originally.
B: xxxtrickyxxx also was working on a very similar shooter style map called Sharpshooter online.
So:
Since this project and mine coincide I will be merging the two. (coincide *thanks for the spell check*)
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105516

Got explicit permission from xxxtrickyxxx to use his map and finish it. Will be doing major changes.
This merge will provide just about:
Terrain: +60%
Triggers +50%
Models +30%
Units +1% (need more heroes)
Playability + 30% (rating this based off what he told me,

just a bit of heads up, focus on making the map fun and less complicated as sniping gets pretty boring fast when everyone is being one.

So im not saying his map is not playable. I'm just saying what he said needs more playability (already has alot).)

• Project name:(modern/global Sniper Wars)/(Sharpshooter Online) -Need a name that better suits what this map WILL be. (lol might as well name this counterstrike)
  • Project description:A 6v6 modern day 1rst person sniper with realistic camera/unit control. Move with a,s,d,w keys. Arrow keys up for grabs. TURN UNIT USING MOUSE!!! Shoot with mouse. Hero Sniper Selection. Multiple items/weapons/vehicles/Turrets. Snipers will be able to get in and out of said vehicles/Turrets and be able to kick enemy players out of them as well.
  • Places to fulfill:

NAME: I feel this map needs a new name. Something that everyone will recognize upon seeing it!

GUI:Need help fixing bugs and adding features listed on thread.

JASS:Need help fixing bugs and adding features listed on thread. (Some features will be jass only! Need intuition and some experience.)
Special Jass request:
> Does anyone know how to host multi-map campain like maps online?

Sorry, impossible. The only option you have is to make your map epic (probably 256x256 or 320x320) and add in small-maps.​

What about 480x480 :eek: !

The terrain looks nice by the way.

Ryuu I would do that (I could keep my terrain (finish it) and add the one I'm merging) BUT
The camera system with mouse detection requires making trackable models along regions, it does this after map init. I have to pre-place regions. A small map uses about 14-20 of them and causes about a 20-30 second "loading" delay..
which means the bigger the map the longer the wait AFTER map init.
I would have to make a loading screen that explains the wait.
Currently the wait is 20-30 seconds + merging the data from the other map which adds another 15-25 seconds

I COULD pre-place All regions and then activate them only when using that part of the "mini" map but I wouldn't know how to remove the old ones when changing maps. I don't even know how to activate them without copying the entire library and using triggers to load the "mini" map libraries. I am not jass proficient.

I will add that as another feature request for someone who knows how to do it.. (Multi-map equivalent...)

TERRAINING:Complete??
Multiple maps will be made based of of this one

Would like to start making a second terrain for variety and base it into a technological setting/modern setting. Or just stick with any suggestion or ideas.

MODELING:Need a few models.
[*]Instead of a Hero Selection Im thinking more like Sniper Selection. Like Counter Strike. [*]Rifleman
[*]Sniper
[*]Support
[*]Demolition

As for an idea about team colors could you please make it so there are two types:

[*]Team Red - with an obvious design/mark/spot/stripe on front back sides to show player color.
[*]Team Blue - with an obvious design/mark/spot/stripe on front back sides to show player color.

[*]A bigger central tower model.
[*]A different loading screen that has a loading bar.
[*]More Destructibles as well.

Vehicles that players will be getting in and out of: (Only these three for balancing reasons - Tank for tanking, Jeep for speed, Helicopter for mobility??)
[*]Tank
[*]Jeep
[*]Helicopter model (already have these but if you have one better I'll put it in!!!

TEXTURING:Only if you see something you would like to fix/add.

CINEMATIC'S: Suggestions welcome.

Screenshots:

Original (Unfinnished) Map... Will need someone to finnish terraining it. Pm me or post here and I'll send it to you.
SniperWars-1.jpg
SniperWars2.jpg
SniperWars3.jpg

*Does anyone know how to host multi-map campaign like maps online? Im trying to build a multi-map game where you can pick different maps in-game.

I have been working on this map alone for about a month now and have alot of ideas and triggers etc right about where they should be. This is a one of a kind map (Never made on B-net. New system. Lots of hybrids. (Especially the camera system)
[*]update - ultimate hybrid coming up. Merging another map with this one.
[*]update - Trigger merging complete. Need to Hybrid systems now.

THIS IS A MAP THAT CAN AND WILL CATCH LIKE WILD FIRE.

THIS MAP WILL BE MORE POPULAR THAN DOTA BECAUSE I SAY SO

JUST MORE units/buildings/weapons/items/TURRETS NEEDS TO BE added!.

Anyways. I do not have a story line or any type of theme. It is basically a 1st person sniper game where you and your team kill for gold and use it to buy upgrades/weapons etc.
Every 10 minutes a sniper "god" will spawn and roam the earth killing everyone.(The story about the god is that the god is bored and wants some action.). Teams can bribe the god for immunity for that round BUT the god only allies to the highest "bribing" team. Also kills will count towards the bribe. (players killing or him killing makes no difference to him. It amuses him the same...of course he still wants to have some fun himself so he will come down anyways but he will leave you alone if you kill alot/bribe him) Everyone can see individual tributes to the sniper god. So everyone knows who is helping and who isn't. (may add something where the highest "bribing" player (not team) also gets immunity if he is on the losing team) (incentive for everyone that way. Even if your on the losing team)

As for triggers... I know more will be added. But just try out the map and see for you self. Allot of the triggers are there. (some disabled until complete.)
Wanted features:

• ***I would like a system for a few basic vehicles.

A system that allows you to enter and leave vehicles and ALSO kick other (enemy) players OUT of vehicle and get into it (like halo).
3 basic vehicles. Tank (for tanking) a jeep (for speed) and a Helicopter (for mobility) due to the terrain the helicopter will be of use.​

• *** Terrain:

I want to add something like two towers with a bridge between them. (it can be done I have a model that has a side wall and a roof... just raise it high off the ground and make an elevator or teleport to it.) Also put weapons etc. in the bridge that way everyone has a incentive to go there and not hide all day. (Hiding is okay though).maybe even expand the middle of the bridge into something like a room.​

• *** Units:

I currently only have one main unit. I am looking for someone/s who are willing to make a Sniper/Hero selection setup.
Someone else could do the weapons, buildings, and items, that each building sells and or spawns around the map. Need items that spawn around the map at intervals. (Like first person shooters)​

For those of you interested here is a list of features in the map. Shows the name of the folder the system is in, the completeness, whether or not it has documentation, if I need any help on it, and notes.

• *Trigger System*

"Camera System with Mouse Detection [Modular]"
Completeness: 90%

Has documentation: Yes

Ideas:
Currently complete. Open to suggestions.

Need Help on:
The mouse detection system is pretty good... just a bit unresponsive.

Notes:
need to set arrow keys to turn camera and units also develop a forward and backwards system to move unit. ( I will do it unless someone already has a system for it.)

• *Trigger System*

"Camera System with Follow Unit and Move with Arrow Keys [Modular]"
Completeness: 90%

Has documentation: Yes

Ideas:

Need help on:
Controlling unit with arrow keys forward and backwards movement and turning camera and unit with left and right keys.

Notes:
Left and right keys move camera (disabled with "comment" // marks. Just remove comment marks and change it so the unit rotation changes instead of camera (camera already follows units rotation)​

• *Trigger System*

"Display Damage done/taken over Unit via Floating Text System [Modular]"
Completeness: 100% (50%) - Conflicts with feature on another system. Read Notes.

Has Documentation: No Pretty much self explanatory

Ideas:

Need Help on:
Would like to make compatible with the "Chat Over Unit System [Modular]" using chat follows unit feature.

Notes:
Incompatibility -
Damage system cancels out chat system and floating text will only follow unit for about 1 second and then disappear.
Cause:
"Display Damage done/taken over Unit via Floating Text System [Modular]" cancels "wait" action in Chat Over Unit System [Modular]​

• *Trigger System*

"Chat Over Unit System [Modular]"
Completeness: 100% working (50%) - missing feature.

Has Documentation: No Self explanatory

Ideas: Currently complete. Open to suggestions.

Need Help on:
Would like to make compatible with the
"Display Damage done/taken over Unit via Floating Text System [Modular]".
Incompatibility:
Both use wait times to update themselves. Therefore Damage system cancels out chat system and floating text will only follow unit for about 1 second and then disappear.

Notes:
Incompatibility -
Had developed the system so floating chat would "Follow" unit. But due to incompatibility with the damage system had to remove this feature.
Cause:
"Display Damage done/taken over Unit via Floating Text System [Modular]" cancels "wait" action in Chat Over Unit System [Modular]​

• *Trigger System*

"Warning Player X Can See You System [Modular]"
Completeness: 100%

Has Documentation: No Self explanatory

Need Help on:
N/A

Notes:
System warns when an enemy player can see you and when you are safe.​

• *Trigger System*

"Vote Kick System [Modular]"
Completeness: 100%

Has Documentation: No. Self explanatory

Need Help on:
N/A

Notes:
Anyone can start vote. Need 50% votes in favor to kick. Anti-Stupid vote system. (No double voting. No voting to kick self.)​

• *Trigger System*

"Respawn System [Modular]"
Completeness: 60ish% Working (50%) - Once a hero selection system is up this may need to be updated.

Has Documentation: No. Self explanatory

Need Help on:
N/A right now.

Notes:
respawn time is 10 seconds plus (hero level times two??)

• *Trigger System*

"Credits System [Modular]"
Completeness: 50%

Has Documentation: No. None needed.

Need Help on:
Would like to do a cinematic at end of game where camera moves around objects/units (that mean something to each contributor) as credits are climatically posted (in the place where unit text goes)
Like as my name appears camera will pan to whatever unit/object/model I choose or import then go to the next one as their name appears. (yes contributors may import whatever they want for there object/unit/model for the credit scene but keep the size down. There will be size limits depending on abuse. NO 300k models!!! lol.

Notes:
I have systems in here where credits are missing. Will find and add them.​

• *Trigger System*

"Sniper God's System"
Completeness: 90% -Spawned unit has no AI...

Has Documentation: No. Needs to be written. Not to hard to understand.

Ideas: Currently complete. Probably needs some more features though.

Need Help on:
Making spawned Sniper God go around looking for players to kill. Currently just sits there...

Notes:
Spawns a neutral Hostile in center of map. Then sees who bribed the most sets allies accordingly. set 2 min timer that spawned unit will exsist. start starts bribe timer again for another round.

• *Trigger System*

"Multiboard"
Completeness: 99% -to much see through.

Has Documentation: No. None needed

Need Help on:
N/A

Notes:
Need to put in intro a tip that you can use the "esc" key to minimize maximize multiboard.
Seems that there is no way to minimize/maximize mutliboard per player...which leads to multiboard war... term coined by : lindenkron on:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=960251&posted=1#post960251
Need to use a less see through background but more see through that what is default.​

Attachments

• Global Snipers 1.01.w3x
    927.6 KB · Views: 399

lbebusiness

Reaction score
Just got the "ok" from xxxtrickyxxx to use his map:
This will provide just about:
Terrain: +100%
Triggers +50%
Models +50%
Units +1% (need more heros)
Playability + 30% (rating this based off what he told me,
just a bit of heads up, focus on making the map fun and less complicated as sniping gets pretty boring fast when everyone is being one.
So im not saying him map is not playable. I'm just saying what he said.)

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
> Does anyone know how to host multi-map campain like maps online?

Sorry, impossible. The only option you have is to make your map epic (probably 256x256 or 320x320) and add in small-maps.​

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
I have been working on this map alone for about a month now
Congrats. This is pretty low for most maps.
This is a one of a kind map.
It isn't mate, this style has become very common.

THIS IS A MAP THAT CAN AND WILL CATCH LIKE WILD FIRE.

The scripts you didn't make leak.
You seem to lack any understanding of what "Modular" and "System" are, besides how to spell it.
The terrain is incredibly poor at what you portray it as.

lbebusiness

Reaction score
Congrats. This is pretty low for most maps.
Wasn't bragging just telling about the map.

It isn't mate, this style has become very common.
Haven't seen any on B-net.

?? lol.

The scripts you didn't make leak.
You seem to lack any understanding of what "Modular" and "System" are, besides how to spell it.
The terrain is incredibly poor at what you portray it as.

Been busy with the map and detail to run it through leak checker. As for the jass portions I am not familar enough with it to properly fix leaks. (will learn though)

The terrain will be replaced with a merging from another map. (post updated to reflect that).

Just a general note most of what I described in this thread were goals. Since my recent soon to be merging alot of this will be fullfilled. I am sure you are familar with the terrain from
xxxtrickyxxx.

Im sure you will agree that with his map and everything else that I will merge into it and also add more into it, the map will be as described in the thread!

System for me means that it has a central purpose.
Modular for me means that it can be copied and pasted from map to map with no customizations.

thanks for feedback.

BTW I was updating the thread when you posted.
What do Modular and System mean in this forum?

lbebusiness

Reaction score
Hey WolfieNoCT in the map Hero wars exile 1.7b when its time for the hero dual the mini map and main map seem to zoom and lock.
What is that? (what kind of triggers...?)

Ryuu I will try to implement that. Due to Rects having to be loaded for mouse detection (trackables) it add a considerable about of memory and delay in the beginning of the map so I could just set the rects and not initialize them untill where on that part of the map and destroy the old ones
(but I dont know how to do that yet)

Could a mod change my title in the forum to reflect my title change inside the thread? ( I changed it after creating this thread and It stays the same when browsing through threads...)

Edit:
K just finished merging maps... Now its time to pick the best of 2 similar systems or even hybrid them...
this will take awhile...
but in the mean time if someone had some sniper models or could make them I would really appreciate them. As for an idea about team colors could you please make it so there are two types:
(Added to main post) Team Red - with an obvious design/mark/spot/stripe on front back sides to show player color.
(Added to main post) Team Blue - with an obvious design/mark/spot/stripe on front back sides to show player color.

Instead of a Hero Selection Im thinking more like Sniper Selection. Like Counter Strike. Rifleman,Sniper,Support,Demolition.... Seems to be going away from a sniper map. But like xxxtrickyxxx said need to make gameplay better!!!

lbebusiness

Reaction score
Update:
((IGNORE(((
Okay now supports name spoofing in game (like the game tremulous)
Which I'm sure breaks any sort of save system the uses names to encrypt. Users could use anyone else's code. But if this map does reach a level of using such a system then it will implement a password feature where you type "-save" and it will ask you for a password. enter that and it will give you your personalized save key.
*but everyone will see what you type!!!
Not if I use a custom chat system where I can hide selected chat events!!!!
Such as AceHarts Talkative (in the graveyard a shame. As we all know NOW its good for something really usefull!!!!)
((IGNORE(((

((IGNORE(((New controls.
/Mouse wont be in this update. (not sure If I really want to bother with it since I developed this system for movement:
/To move Forward, Backward, Strafe Left, Strafe Right.
/Use A,S,D,W respectively.
/Special note
/Press said key once to start walking in that direction.
/Press said key again to stop.
/Press opposite key to change direction without stopping (from left to right, forward to backwards and vice versa)
/You may move in a diagonal fashion as well. Just have to turn of both sets of movement though. (example I press W and A, which causes me to move forward and /left, I have to press W AND A to completely stop.)
/If you change direction while moving to the opposite side you have to press that key instead of the one you started moving with.
))IGNORE))

Looks confusing but if you try out the map it works VERY well. Smooth camera.

Check this out. You have a object you want to shoot that (for sake of measure) is 12 units wide. You can tap the arrow key in any direction and move Say 6 units. Which is fine right? What if you have a unit that's 4 units wide and your interval doesn't hit it? Well you could strafe. (annoying) Nope. I reduced the periodic event by half and reduced the "units" moved in half. That way you still aim around with the same speed but you can tap the keys and get greater accuracy!!!

Lets see what else did I put in...

A vote kick system. requires 50% vote in favor of kick by all players.

Custom UI... modern style! (that time of indicator need to be changed)(anyone?)

well what I have in from this point on is there in code but not yet implemented, some because I have to merge code like the multiboard. I want the timer that came with the map but im completly replacing the multiboard with mine that has team/player kills/death/bribes(sniper god).looks like a dota leaderboard.

Player alliances are set up 1,3,5,7,9,11 and 2,4,6,8,10.12. makes coding a bit harder for me on certain trigger BUT is nice in game. (example in the game lobby as players join they fill up the slots in order from 1 to 10. and if you want a 2v2 or something like that you have to tell them to move down or whatever ect. well if its set up this way they will fill up alternating between the 2 forces!)

So :
mutliboard (as mentioned above)
Player x can see you warning system
Display damage done over unit

More game modes...
er basically write all the code but I read somewhere from xxxtrickyxxx something about re-writing the existing code :banghead::banghead::banghead:
so that may be awhile...
or not since alot of my systems dont seem compatable with the way he uses units etc. (I'm not familar with it) so I will be forced to fix it.

Oh and MJ has to go. Sorry. :cool: New loading screen sometime eh?

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
alright, well if you plan on still using my camera system partly, i can give you a few small script changes that will allow you to use cliffs and editor brush hills etc. used to not be able to have editor made elevation or cliffs but i fixed that with a function i can give you if you need it. cliffs have collision already for the way my movement function works, so no need for wall blockers etc.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I can help with terraining the unfinished one if you still need it.

JUST MORE units/buildings/weapons/items/TURRETS NEEDS TO BE added!.

I have a turret system that I've been working on here and there that might work for you. Still need some stuff done, but it's a third person over-the-shoulder style view, not first person.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
um is that your finished terrain? It seem kinda empty.

I hope this turns out to be a good map:thup:

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
it is acehart, not aceheart.
I think to remember the system was by quraji also, not by the -master-.

Btw, I have been working 1½ years (with pauses and only at weekends, most of the time) on Battleships Antarctica, which is still only at 45% done. Without a good JASSer, you will never finish this project.

As for the save system, I was planning something of the like. If I will implement that, I'll notice you and send a personalised version to you.

lbebusiness

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am BACK!!!! if anyone still is interested let me know!!!

(btw I did SO much work and never uploaded it.... I hate myself)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.