Modifying Yamato Cannon

adeoin

Reaction score
Hi, I need help on modifying the Battlecruiser spell Yamato Cannon. I'm using it so I can make a spell for a normal marine attack. I don't want the marine to be able to attack on its own and only use a spell. I'm not sure how to edit certain parts of the ability. If you could explain these please
-How to make the model of the Yamato Cannon into a marine fire model.
-How to remove the charging of the Yamato Cannon.
-How to make the marine able to use the spell.
-How to remove the requirements on Yamato Cannon.
Thank You

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
-How to make the model of the Yamato Cannon into a marine fire model.
You can make a model Actor (using the One-Shot Model settings, which is available in the Add Object window once you've chosen the Model parent type) with the Yamato Cannon modelfile, then configure the Actor Events to create it when the Gauss Rifle damage effect occurs e.g.
Code:
ActorCreation
>AnimBracketStart BSD Birth Stand Death [COLOR="SeaGreen"]//I can't remember the full AnimBracketStart line...
[/COLOR]
Effect.GuassRifleDamage.Impact
>At Target
>Create

AnimBracketState.*.AfterClosing
>Destroy

You might also want to add a sound effect, which would be done similarly (except without playing an Anim Bracket on creation, and the destruction event would be Sound Done)

-How to remove the charging of the Yamato Cannon.
Is there a Cast Time field somewhere on the Yamato Cannon ability?

-How to remove the requirements on Yamato Cannon.
There should be a Validator (or list of Validators) associated with the Yamato Cannon - you should be able to remove any validators that look for a research requirement from the ability's Validators+ field (you might want to check the Yamato Cannon button as well)

adeoin

Reaction score
Thanks! I found the charging time for the Yamato Cannon but I am utterly confused by the actors part cause I really not sure what 'actors' are. Also I can't find the requirements part.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Also I can't find the requirements part.
Requirements would come under Validators I think (I'm not at my PC at the moment so I can't check) - there's probably one called YamatoCannonValidators or something similar, which should include a condition regarding a particular research being complete (I assume that's the requirement to enable use of the Yamato Cannon?)

I'll take a look a little later on when I get a chance, so it's only guess-work at the moment :p

I am utterly confused by the actors part cause I really not sure what 'actors' are
While they are probably useful for a bunch of other things (I have only had use for few Actor types), I look at them as being the data type used to 'materialise' audio/visual assets in the game (e.g. a unit Actor would contain the model file, the animations, and such, relating to a specific unit and a sound Actor would, obviously, hold information relating to a soundfile and detail what makes the sound play ingame).

It's a confusing enough data type to explain, IMO, considering all the possible forms it can takes, it's just something you have to think about and find your own suitable definition to better understand their purpose.

EDIT: Righto, relevant material - the requirement related to the Yamato Cannon is found in the Ability - Commands+ field of the Yamato Gun ability in the editor. I haven't tested myself, but I'd suspect removing the Requirement from the Execute command (with that little red X at the side of the dialog box, in the screenshot) should do the trick.

Attachments

• Yamato Cannon requirements.png
    Yamato Cannon requirements.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 305

adeoin

Reaction score
Requirements would come under Validators I think (I'm not at my PC at the moment so I can't check) - there's probably one called YamatoCannonValidators or something similar, which should include a condition regarding a particular research being complete (I assume that's the requirement to enable use of the Yamato Cannon?)

I'll take a look a little later on when I get a chance, so it's only guess-work at the moment :p

While they are probably useful for a bunch of other things (I have only had use for few Actor types), I look at them as being the data type used to 'materialise' audio/visual assets in the game (e.g. a unit Actor would contain the model file, the animations, and such, relating to a specific unit and a sound Actor would, obviously, hold information relating to a soundfile and detail what makes the sound play ingame).

It's a confusing enough data type to explain, IMO, considering all the possible forms it can takes, it's just something you have to think about and find your own suitable definition to better understand their purpose.

EDIT: Righto, relevant material - the requirement related to the Yamato Cannon is found in the Ability - Commands+ field of the Yamato Gun ability in the editor. I haven't tested myself, but I'd suspect removing the Requirement from the Execute command (with that little red X at the side of the dialog box, in the screenshot) should do the trick.

hmm well I sorta understand the actors editor but I'm sure what I should modify in actors for a marine to be able to use Yamato cannon and make it look like an ordinary attack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.