Modle change with upgrade

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Ok so I have a buildig tht I am upgrading the origional building is based on a spawning pool and I made an ability based on morph building (hatchary>lair) only it upgrades it to a barracks instead. When this upgrade is performed the spawning pool just turns side ways and then acts as the barracks but still looks like a spawnig pool. How can I fix this to make t look like a barracks after the upgrade (btw when I directly place the barracks in te map it looks like I should)

thewarchief

Reaction score
I hope this is an answer to your question, if it is not I apologize:

I have been trying to do something very similar and I just figured out how to do it. I have a tower named 'Basic Tower' and a tower named 'Advanced Tower'. I want Basic Tower to upgrade into Advanced Tower and take on Advanced Tower's model.

First, go into the original unit's actor (the one that gives it the default model) and go to 'Events +'. Right click and select 'Add Event'. A new event and action will be created. Select the event (should be named 'ActionDamage' as the default). Change 'Msg Type' to 'Ability Morph'. Leave 'Source Name' as it is ('None') and change 'Sub Name' to 'Finish'.

Now right click on the event you just created and select 'Add Term'. Do this twice. For your first term, change the 'Term Type' to 'MorphFrom'. Then change the 'Unit Link' to be the unit that will be upgraded (Basic Tower for me).

For the next term that you created, change the 'Term Type' to 'MorphTo'. Then change the 'Unit Link' to the upgraded unit (Advanced Tower for me).

Next go down to the action that was created initially (should be called 'ActionImpact'). Change its 'Msg Type' to 'Destroy', but don't do anything else with it.

Click 'OK' and navigate to the actor for your upgraded unit. Go to 'Events +' and create a new event. Change the 'Msg Type' to 'Ability Morph' and the 'Sub Name' to 'Finish'. Then create two terms.

Make the first term's 'Term Type' into 'MorphFrom' and its 'Unit Link' to the unit being upgraded. Change the second term's 'Term Type' into 'MorphTo' and its 'Unit Link' to the upgraded unit. Finally, select the action and change its 'Msg Type' to 'Create', but leave everything else alone. Click 'OK'.

Your first unit should now take on the model of the second unit when it is upgraded. Note that I only am explaining how to make the unit change once it is fully upgraded. You can make the first unit transform into the second unit over time by using other events and actions.

I am very tired at the moment and so I may have missed a step. If this does not work for you, please respond back and I will try to help you solve any issues.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.