monsters wont attack

branno

Reaction score
ok here's the problem, i am making a zombie map where you have to kill the waves of zombies that spawn but for some reason the zombies dont always attack u and sometimes they dont even move and they just stand there taking the hits and die.

im thinking it could have to do with the amount of zombies there are or something but im not sure.

so i was wondering if anyone has some sugestions for things i could try also i could send you the map for you to look at if you want. :)

branno

Reaction score
trigger

Code:
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 100.00 seconds
    Conditions
            Actions
        if ((Player 1 (red) slot status) Equal to is playing) then do (Unit - Create 10 Zombie Guy for player (Dark Green) at (Random point in WholeMap) <gen> facing Default building facing degrees else) (do nothing)

and there is a lot more like that, i made it so it would only spawn zombies if the player slot was taken

SnowCrow

Reaction score
What about the moving trigger? If issue the units to move to the location they won't attack. Maybe that's the problem? Use the attack-move order.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Do they sometimes attack? Are they unallied? I could go on. Please extend your problem

branno

Reaction score
lol yes they are un allied, they some times attack, sometimes you have to attack them before they attack you and even then sometimes when u attack them they wont attack you.

i have not made a triger for them to move to a location or attack i have just given them the ability to wander (neutural) which seems kinda stupid now that i think about it =P

can someone plz tell me a trigger to make them move around to the location of the players and attack. :)

Kelvin87

Reaction score
You give the Zombie vision to 9999999 (shift + enter to modify the value in objec t editor) and Combat - Acquitition range to 0; then for your player, give it Building damage aura of damage 0.01 with AoE of 999999 will do.

istar

Reaction score
trigger
event-every few secs/everytime players cast aggro spells
action-pick all units in zombie unitgroup and do
attack-move to position of player units

if the periodic event is not too fast, the zombies will arrive at where the player unit WAS, if player move on fast enough, nothing much happens,
thats the general trigger, add more conditions and actions to refine it
eg. once they come close to some range, make zombie attack unit
attack-move wont give chase too far from original point, but attack order will chase as long as there is LOS
as for your zombie not attack problem, did the problem arise when you have too many zombies?
or just a small group? does the zombie have the correct aquistion range and sight range? did the zombie have small enough collision size?
did you set the meelee range too small?

branno

Reaction score
yea it seems like they mainly dont attack when there is a lot on the map.

ill try out these ideas and hopefully it will work, thnx

istar

Reaction score
if there is really alot, like hundreds, it may simply be wc3 unable to handle
the best solution is clear the leaks and optimize code

branno

Reaction score
lol yea it gets to the stage where for every player playing it will spawn like 100 zombies so if there are 10 people it would summon around 1000 zombies rofl and then they wont all die and the next wave will start and another 1000 will spawn =P

istar

Reaction score
JASS:
lol yea it gets to the stage where for every player playing it will spawn like 100 zombies so if there are 10 people it would summon around 1000 zombies rofl and then they wont all die and the next wave will start and another 1000 will spawn =P

erm... just an advice, dont do that, i am amazed that just a simple zombie wont attack problem occur... wc3 should lag alot and crash -.-
upgrade the zombies instead, quality>quantity + less lag

branno

Reaction score
ok i have greatly reduced the number of zombies spawned lol.

You give the Zombie vision to 9999999 (shift + enter to modify the value in objec t editor) and Combat - Acquitition range to 0; then for your player, give it Building damage aura of damage 0.01 with AoE of 999999 will do.

i tried this and it didnt seem to do anything so i put the auras damage up to 20 and it still did nothing even if i go right up to the zombie and stand next to him, i have made sure that its allowed to target/damage the zombies so i cant figure out whats wrong.

any ideas?

istar

Reaction score
damage 0.01.... remember? wc3 will round down and the damage is zero...-.-
so low a damage? what is it for? huh?

HeChaoz

Reaction score
any ideas?

Ye, i got an idea. I got a zombie map myself. while the map sucks, the triggers work fine. let me post it for you, for some rep in return? ^^

Code:
New Undead
    Events
        Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 1 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn West <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 1 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn South <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 1 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn East <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 1 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn North <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 2 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn West <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 2 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn East <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 2 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn North <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 4 Zombie 2 for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region Undead Spawn South <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) of type Zombie 2) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To (Random point in (Playable map area)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) of type Zombie 1) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Random player from (All enemies of Player 11 (Dark Green)))))))

this causes the zombies to spawn. In my map, some zombies are wandering and some are directly attacking.

Code:
Undead Roam
    Events
        Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) of type Zombie 2) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To (Random point in (Playable map area)))

this keeps them roaming.

I hope this will work out for you =]

branno

Reaction score
damage 0.01.... remember? wc3 will round down and the damage is zero...-.-
so low a damage? what is it for? huh?

well it would damage them very little and so they would come after me, im guessing thats the theory behind it lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.