Morph Ability Help

Kyuft

Reaction score
Hey TH,

I want to make an ability where a zergling morphs into an ultralisk, but I do not know how to make the zergling actually morph into an ultralisk without making it morph instantly, or making it go into an egg. Is there a way to make the zergling texture and model morph into an ultralisk?

-Kyuft:shades:

Kyuft

Reaction score
If I follow this tutorial, will the zergling grow and gain tusks while he is morphing, or will it just instantly become an ultralisk?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Sorry I speed read your first question and missed part of it. The only way to have the zergling model 'morph' into a Ultralisk model would be via an animation. The tutorial does show you how to add such morphing animations but it requires the animation to exist to begin with, which in this case it does not. So in order for this to work the way you wanted, you would need to create your own models/morphing animations.

Kyuft

Reaction score
Sooo, its pretty much impossible with my level of knowledge, considering I cant model edit.:(

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
isnt it possible to use the ultralisk "unburrow" model scale up from 0.5 to 1?

Kyuft

Reaction score
Good idea! I should have the zergling burrow, wait a few seconds, and come up as an ultralisk! ... How do I do this as an ability(channeled)? I want to be able to press one button, and the zergling will burrow, wait 5 seconds, and come up as an ultralisk. I don't want the ability to be able to be cancelled. Also, when the unit transforms, I only want it to be a model and actor change. I still want it to be the same unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.