Morph cost has an incorrect display.

Nyrano

Reaction score
EDIT: Problem Solved

Greetings all,

In my TD I want to let players upgrade their towers to a stronger unit. Sounds all logic and stuff.

When I created the morphing ability and everything that is required for it to be executed correctly, I came across a strange problem (see picture).
TerranUpgrade.jpg

Rank 1 tower cost: 10 minerals
Rank 2 tower cost: 50 minerals
Upgrade cost: 50-10 = 40 minerals

And the funny part is that it does cost 40 minerals to upgrade while it displays -50 minerals. The less funny part is that I don't know how to fix it..

So if anybody has some thoughts about this problem, please do not hesitate to inform me. :)

Greetz, Nyrano

Edit: I just noticed I accidently posted in the SCII forum... this was intended for the SC2 Galaxy Editor forum. My apologies.

Nyrano

Reaction score
Bump!

I have discovered that the display always goes "-90 minerals" regardless of the second tower's cost.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I had a bit of trouble with morph costs myself. What I found out, is that the cost of a morph is dependent on the cost of the unit you are morphing from, not the unit you are morphing to. Any costs added to the morph ability itself are added onto that. So if you want your upgrade to cost 40 minerals, then you need to set the ability's cost to be 30, since 30+10=40.

If you're having problems with the displayed cost and actual costs not lining up right, though, then that's a different issue that I wouldn't know how to help with, unfortunately.

Nyrano

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately my problem is indeed that the displayed cost and actual cost are not lining up right. This is just one of those things where you don't know where it went wrong..
All I can say is that I copied it from an other (custom) morph ability which I use for an other building, and that just worked fine. Even recreating it from scratch did nothing good.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Try setting the costs of all of your towers/abilities/whatever has a cost involved to 0, see what it ends up at. Do you have a cost associated with the button for the ability? Or maybe in the command card? Somewhere there's a cost being added in that shouldn't be there, is my only guess.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
As agentpaper said. There are two ways to make upgrading from tower 1 to tower 2 cost 40 minerals.

One way: Set both tower's cost to 10 and then make the upgrade cost 40

Other way: Set tower 1's cost to 10 and tower's 2 cost to 50 and make the upgrade free.

InvaiderZim

Reaction score
I understand that, but the button which shows the "upgrade to unit" has negative values for the costs in both the mins and vesp.

Example: The unit's data value for the cost field would be 50, and the value in game will display -250.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
trial and error. if i remember correctly you might have to minus in for the actual field anyway as its cost

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.