Movie playing problem

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I recently noticed that when i try to play downloaded movies, the video will freeze early in the film, about a few seconds in, though the audio continues.
Why could this be happening? What should i do?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
what program are you using, what type of movies are you trying to watch, and does the problem remain if you change programs/movie types?

also check to make sure that your downloading the full movie, does the size of the movie make sense?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I have actually had this problem before. There was nothing wrong with the file, but with the codec I was using to play it. How to fix this though really depends what program you are using. For me, the program was using an internal codec that was causing the error. In this case I was able to tell the program to look for an external codec. I was using Media Player Classic.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I'm using windows media player, but i've tried others... makes no difference as the problem still occurs. Yes the size is fine, there all like 700-800mb around there.
Well thats a possiblity, but this problem started recently, could my codec be old or something?

Also, i was having problems with my laptop earlier, about a week and a half ago where i kept getting blue screens. I tried opening a movie in quicktime earlier and i got a blue screen... i think theres some sort of other problem thats affecting this movie watching. :confused:

punwisp

Reaction score
Sounds kinda like a codec problem. For me, codecs get updated or outdated so much I can't even put movies on DVDs anymore because I dont have the correct ones anymore. And I would occasionally get problems like the one you had, or no sound, no picture, green picture. Which is normally solved with new codecs

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.