Moving faster than 522

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
I have an item designed to make units move faster than 522. I'm trying to think of an efficient way to do this, which involves pathfinding. I.E. the unit must move to its destination just as if any other unit would, only this one would be going faster than 522. I have one idea, but I'd like to get some input on this and/or a better method.

My current idea is to 'bump' the unit as it moves. This would involve me SetUnitX/Y in small increments to make it look smooth in the direction the unit is facing. Doing it this way will hopefully work as the unit will turn as if it were moving normally, giving proper direction. Is there a better way of moving the unit? It can't pass over structures, doodads, or cliffs.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how it'd work. But I'm thiking of a system to create a unit with polar projection angled infront of the walking unit which gets the same command as the original unit, making it face the angle it needs to face in order to get there itself. The original unit moves to his posistion by triggers and meanwhile the next unit is created based of the first created unit's angle with the order of his, it turns and het follow the unit.

May not work, or may be too slow to work.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
If I understand your question, you can move the unit periodically, and each time it moves, it moves SPEED in direction of ANGLE. Then check for the unit's issued order (location) and then calculate the new ANGLE for the unit and continue moving it.

I dont know if this is what Rainther is saying, or if it is what you want, but it should work nonetheless.

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
Just check the unit's current order and as long as it isn't stop, hold position,or any No-target spell, move it a bit towards it's facing angle.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.