Spell Moving Strikes

SanKakU

Reaction score
there's a lot of off topic nonsense going on lately with me. i'm sorry. why don't you give us a review of what went on in this thread since there's so much not about the spell here?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Disables the trigger, to prevent recursive damage crap. Since damage is registered, if you damage again, it registers again, making more damage, so forth.

Also, how is this static if offtopic. It's a suggestion to improve your code yet you are dismissing it as offtopic.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Quick question, little learning experience for me. What does this part do? (explain in details please:thup:)

JASS:
call DisableTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger())
            call UnitDamageTarget( u , t , DMG(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, ID))  , IS_RANGED , IS_MEELE , AtkType , DmgType , WepType )
            call EnableTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger())

This does actually just turn off the trigger and turns it on. Because of that fact, it will cause heavy lag if you remove [lJASS]call DisableTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())[/lJASS]

Blade told me to do so, so i got no more idea than you actually... :banghead:

Jedi

Reaction score
Lets see what can happen if you remove those lines:

Event: Target takes damage from SomeOne
Action: Damage Target

You damaged to the target, and that will fire the event again, so trigger will run over and over instantly.If you are lucky, you won't get fatal error at first time :D

Shortly, you must disable trigger before deal damage.

SanKakU

Reaction score
Lets see what can happen if you remove those lines:

Event: Target takes damage from SomeOne
Action: Damage Target

You damaged to the target, and that will fire the event again, so trigger will run over and over instantly.If you are lucky, you won't get fatal error at first time :D

Shortly, you must disable trigger before deal damage.

wow really? heh, heh. that's good to know...

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
PLEASE SOME CRITISM!

I want a reason that this shouldnt be approved.

IT'S TOO SIMPLE.

This is basically a target-blink-damage.

Anyways:

1) GRAMMAR:

The Blademaster is so quickly with his attack, so he can move incredibly fast behind the target, dealing damage.

I'm not saying you SHOULD copy this but something like:

The Blademaster is adept at the art of swordsmanship, he can quickly move behind a target, dealing additional damage.

Your spell is based on chance, so potentially incorporate the chance factor into the tooltop. This goes against my own saying that spells are a base, people edit them. But nothing else to 'criticise?'

IS_MEELE should be IS_MELEE

2) DAMAGE TEXTTAG:

Convert it to an integer:
35.000 is ugly, people don't need to see decimals. Also, you might want to consider changing the colour for the demo map, purple was hard to read :(

3) STATIC IFS

Alright, all you needed was a:

[ljass]if SHOWEFFECTS/SHOWDAMAGE then[/ljass] to become [ljass]static if SHOWEFFECTS/SHOWDAMAGE then[/ljass]

4) CON[dition]S

5) WHAT?

JASS:
            local real x1 = GetUnitX( u ) /* A Units X Position */
            local real y1 = GetUnitY( u ) /* A Units Y Position */
            local real x2 = GetUnitX( t ) /* A Units X Position */
            local real y2 = GetUnitY( t ) /* A Units Y Position */

• What's the point in using delimited comments?
  • What's the point in commenting them in the first place? x1 is obviously caster x, although cx and tx are better names IMO.

6) TEXTTAGS

What if SHOWDAMAGE is false, you are just wasting a texttag, declaring then nulling for nothing. Maybe have TT set to null as default and set TT to null in the if.

[ljass]call SetTextTagVelocity (TT, 0.0355 * Cos(90. * bj_DEGTORAD), 0.0355 * Sin(90. * bj_DEGTORAD))[/ljass]

Seeing as your not gonna set the text tag angle to a configurable [if you are then ignore, remember the fade and duration if you make it a config], just set [ljass]0.03555 * Cos( 90. * bj_DEGTORAD )[/ljass] to the value it calculates to. [ljass]BJDebugMsg()[/ljass] it to find out. Same for [ljass]Sin[/ljass].

7) SPELL GAMEPLAY

I added Chain Lightning onto my Blademaster, order him to cast, and he teleports!

So, say my hero had a landmine spell, a unit steps on it and I'm 25000 range away. Do I teleport into say a group of incoming enemies?

Is this all forms of damage?

I suggest add a range cap and make it your attack that the spell registers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.