Moving Unit to random point in region, Detecting ground level?

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I got my terrain set up like this. and when you enter a region with your unit I need a trigger that moves you to a random point in the maze (that screen shot) on the lower floor, not the upper floor. But if there are enemy heroes within 2000 range of the point, then it picks a new point. Is there any way to do this without making a ton of regions?

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Use the If/Then/Else, Multiple Fuction trigger.

[This is freehanded]
Condition: UnitA is equal to [you unit]
Action:
If UnitA is within 2000 range of UnitB
Then Move Unit A to a Random Point in Region
Else Do Nothing

Or you can use the Pick every unit in unitgroup loop.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
kk that solves half of it, what about the ground level thing? Because if I do just that, it will still make it on the upper level too.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
yes set a point to random and make a unit group centred at the point and dectec for heroes if empty move him there. And the lower thing use a region variable with array and set array 1 to the lowest and go up from there. Then for the move the event unit enters region[2] move him to region[1]

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
How do I set a region to be only on the ground? When I placed a region over my maze it went over the bottom and top parts.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
well then for the bottom one make the condition filter out flying units and the other one filter out grounf units so you need to place two regions

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
i would use GetLocationZ (well looking at your terrain, you could use the GUI , Cliff Level

theres just a problem with a massive loop if it keeps randoming the point near the enemy or on cliff level 2

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
There are no air units, just ground, but I was going to add an elevator in some spots to move them up to upper level, for snipers. This is kinda like an elimination tournament map, but not even close at the same time lol.

Edit: GUI Ground level? I searched and didn't find it

JuiceBox

Reaction score
How 'bout you just make regions on the top areas and when unit are spawned in those places, make a trigger that spawns them somewhere else. And THEN, add my other triggers to set them apart^.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
because with my map that would take about 100+regions.......

edit: okay maybe not a 100.... but it would still take a lot :rolleyes:

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Go to Conditions >>> Integer >>> Environment - Cliff Level. :p
Not really sure how you would use this so ask cleeezzz. +1 rep for me? :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.