Trigger:
  • Brilliance Aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Human Archmage - Brilliance Aura
    • Actions
      • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Triggering unit): Add 3
      • Set ArchmageType = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ArchmageType Equal to 1000
        • Then - Actions
          • Set ArchmageType = 0
        • Else - Actions
          • Set ArchmageType = (ArchmageType + 1)
      • Set ArchmageBrill[ArchmageType] = (Triggering unit)

Trigger:
  • Brilliance Mana
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • BrillianceMUI Equal to 1000
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BrillianceMUI = 0
        • Else - Actions
          • Set BrillianceMUI = (BrillianceMUI + 1)
      • Set BrillianceArea[BrillianceMUI] = (Position of ArchmageBrill[ArchmageType])
      • Set BrillianceAuraGroup[BrillianceMUI] = (Units within 600.00 of BrillianceArea[BrillianceMUI] matching (((Matching unit) has buff Brilliance Aura) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in BrillianceAuraGroup[BrillianceMUI] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Level of Brilliance Aura mana for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
                  • (Level of Brilliance Aura mana 2 for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
                  • (Level of Brilliance Aura mana 3 for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Brilliance Aura for ArchmageBrill[ArchmageType]) Equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura mana to (Picked unit)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Brilliance Aura for ArchmageBrill[ArchmageType]) Equal to 2
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura mana 2 to (Picked unit)
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Brilliance Aura for ArchmageBrill[ArchmageType]) Equal to 3
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura mana 3 to (Picked unit)
                        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_BrillianceArea[udg_BrillianceMUI])
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_BrillianceAuraGroup[udg_BrillianceMUI])
      • Set Map = (Playable map area)
      • Set BrillianceAuraGroup[BrillianceMUI] = (Units in Map matching (((Matching unit) has buff Brilliance Aura) Equal to False))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in BrillianceAuraGroup[BrillianceMUI] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Brilliance Aura mana from (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Remove Brilliance Aura mana 2 from (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Remove Brilliance Aura mana 3 from (Picked unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Map)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_BrillianceAuraGroup[udg_BrillianceMUI])

This passive has gotten me REALLY CONFUSED. I'm trying to allow all people to use it. (Yes, I know it looks kinda yucky and messy, but that's cause I THINK that you can't level up the + mana capacity item spells.)
This brilliance aura just increases mana capacity and +3 points of int. MUI and MPI are confusing me here :O. Help's appreciated.

Else, I'll make 8 individual triggers :(

Stringel

Reaction score
I don't really get it, do you want everyone with the brilliance aura buff to get 3 int and mana capacity? By the way, what's ArchmageType, isnt that supposed to be an integer? It's very hard to get what you're trying to achieve here.

Isnt it just easier to have a periodic event that detects wether a unit has the brilliance aura buff and add mana and int, you can change the mana capacity and int into abilities and use spellbooks to disable them. In that way you can detect if a unit has already gained the effect.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Honestly - I don't know how MUI is achieved in GUI. I only know it is much, much simpler in JASS. >< Sorry.

PooBucket

Reaction score
I don't really get it, do you want everyone with the brilliance aura buff to get 3 int and mana capacity? By the way, what's ArchmageType, isnt that supposed to be an integer? It's very hard to get what you're trying to achieve here.

Isnt it just easier to have a periodic event that detects wether a unit has the brilliance aura buff and add mana and int, you can change the mana capacity and int into abilities and use spellbooks to disable them. In that way you can detect if a unit has already gained the effect.

ArchmageType is player unit, so therefore, yes it is an integer.

"Isn't it just easier etc..."
Well... that's what I've done, but more than one person could use the Archmage Hero and get brilliance aura, thus the units will always have the extra mana capacity. I've used the "spellbooks" mana capacity one which doesn't show up on the skill list.

Brilliance Aura is the same as the one in melee maps. However, these two are just added bonuses (+int ONLY TO HERO, and +mana capacity to friendly units around, which includes archmage.)

canons200

Reaction score
for now, the person i think can help you in creating MUI GUI spell is Glenphir. Glenphir created a lot of MUI GUI spell in forum.

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
Not too sure, but i think you can just use locals within custom scripts, which is already half way to JASS anyway, or you can use hashtables. For gui, hashtables are god, you can save the key of a handle as a position of a position in the table, so if you want to store some information of a couple of units for a specific unit, you would store them as (key of (picked unit)) of (key of (specific unit)) in (hashtable). Although more complicated than JASS pretty much anything you want is accomplishable (that is possible in jass :p)

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
i can prob make it from scratch fast if you tell me what it should do.

PooBucket

Reaction score
i can prob make it from scratch fast if you tell me what it should do.

Brilliance Aura is from the Archmage hero, but I made a few bonuses for this one. Any units under brilliance aura gets +100, 150, 200 mana capacity. When Archmage learns it he gets +3 int per level.
It's simple, but for all players to use is kinda tricky. Unless I make one trigger for player 1, player 2, etc.

polo2005

Reaction score
Brilliance Aura is from the Archmage hero, but I made a few bonuses for this one. Any units under brilliance aura gets +100, 150, 200 mana capacity. When Archmage learns it he gets +3 int per level.
It's simple, but for all players to use is kinda tricky. Unless I make one trigger for player 1, player 2, etc.

Code:
Learn trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit learns an abilty
    Conditions
        learned ability Equal to Brilliance Aura
        level of Brilliance Aura for Triggering unit lesser than or equal to 1
    Actions
        Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Triggering unit): Add 3 
        Unit Group - Add Trigger unit to LGroup
        If then else multi... actions
        If (Got aura Trigger is on Equals false)
        then - Trigger - Turn on Got aura Trigger <gen>

Code:
Got aura Trigger
    Events
        Time - Every 0.14 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in LGroup and do actions
            Loop - Actions
                Temp_point = position of picked unit
                CustomScript: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
                Unit Group - Pick every Units within 800.00 of Temp_point matching  (Matching unit has the buff Brilliance Aura Equal to true)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        if level of bonus mana ability for picked unit equal to 0 then add bonus mana ability
                        Unit Group - Add picked unit to Temp_UnitGroup
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_UnitGroup and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If unit has the buff Brilliance Aura Equal to false
                        then remove bonus mana ability
                CustomScript: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point)

handwrighted

PooBucket

Reaction score
That's all and great thanks :D, but the problem comes when there are certain levels to brilliance aura :p
If level of brill = 2 then set mana bonus level to 2. But if one player's brillance aura is level one and the other player's is level 3 then they'd overwrite each other :(. Is it possible to achieve it with hashtables?

polo2005

Reaction score
there sure is ways to achive this on many diffrent ways, i dont have WE at this computer but i can take a look at it when i come home (in around 4h).

polo2005

Reaction score
sorry i had/have some examens coming up so i didn't have time fix it, if someone haven't fixed it until tonight, i will take my time fix it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.