Multi-Shot ability help

StoDaBest

Reaction score
Hey,
I'd like to know how to make an ability just like current hunters in WoW that will let the unit shoot everyone near it's target.
The ability will have a 50 energy cost and a 1sec CD. It will deal 20 damage to each target.
The thing is, I have no idea how to make this ability. Can anyone help?
thanks.

Solved - I created a few things in the data editor:
-A "damage" effect called "Multi-Shot (damage)", doing 20 damage
-A "search" effect called "Multi-Shot Search", linked with the effect "Multi-Shot (damage)" with maximum targets 10 and radius 6 in the "Area+" label and "Target Unit" in the "Impact Location+" label
-An "action" actor called "Multi-Shot Visual" with "NovaSnipeAttackBeam" as the Beam and the Missile (For the cool look)
-An "effect - target" ability called "Multi-Shot", with the effect "Multi-Shot Search", with a 50 energy cost and a 1 sec CD
-A button called Multi-Shot

So basically, when I click the button I have to select a target and then the unit shoots the main target and every (up to 10) unit around it in a radius of 6 for 20 damage. The missiles are beams just like Nova's Snipe ability, and it costs 50 energy with a 1 sec CD.
That's it, just wanted to show how I did it. If you want to try it out but you have any questions just ask me. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.