Multiboard suddenly stopped working

Pender

Reaction score
It never shows up.

I don't understand. It worked fine for a long time, and then it suddenly stopped, and I don't think I even changed anything (as unlikely as that sounds).

Code:
Events
    Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
    Set Player_Count = (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
    Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and (1 + Player_Count) rows, titled (Level  + (String(Current_Level)))
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Player Name
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Status
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Rooms
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to Score
    For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 7.00% of the total screen width
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 6.00% of the total screen width
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to 3.00% of the total screen width
    Set List = 2
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Set Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = List
            Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row List to (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
            Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row List to 0
            Set List = (List + 1)
    Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Try put in a small wait, before this action:

And after that action, try also to add another line
Multiboard - Minimize (Last created multiboard)

Those two after a 0.5 second wait, never fails.

Also, sure it is on?

Pender

Reaction score
Is this what you mean?

Code:
Actions
    Set Player_Count = (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
    Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and (1 + Player_Count) rows, titled (Level  + (String(Current_Level)))
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Player Name
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Status
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Rooms
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to Score
    For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 7.00% of the total screen width
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 6.00% of the total screen width
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
            Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to 3.00% of the total screen width
    Set List = 2
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Set Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = List
            Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row List to (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
            Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row List to 0
            Set List = (List + 1)
    [COLOR="red"]Wait 0.50 seconds[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Wait 0.50 seconds
    Multiboard - Minimize (Last created multiboard)[/COLOR]
    Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: MULTIBOARD CREATED

It still doesn't work. I get the "MULTIBOARD CREATED" message though, so I know the trigger is on and running.

Pender

Reaction score
No, nothing. Frustrating. It used to work perfectly, and then suddenly stopped. I don't understand it.

Pender

Reaction score
Wait, I'm on to something. There's an intro cinematic to the map. I used to have it set to "Turn cinematic mode on for all players"; then I changed it to "Disable user control for all players." Apparently the multiboard problem is related, because when I switched it back to cinematic mode, it works again.

Does that sound familiar to you guys? Seems like the sort of thing that warrants adding to the multiboard tutorial, at least after some more investigation.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.