Multiplayer not working?

ststaneff

Reaction score
I tested the map, not multy, and there are a lot of little bugs, but for the hero kill - maybe there is a problem with the reviving system? And if you have too many triggers with event Unit dies, that can cause lag and drop the others.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
It doesnt cause any lag or at least i dont see any. And it doesnt open the window and say Waiting for host, it just sais You were disconnected

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical case of GetLocalPlayer misuse. that means that code is executed differently on the players' computers. The game notices that it's desychned and splits all players.

Do you write in JASS or are you using JASS-scripts of somebody else?

If you are using JASS or JASS scripts:
Check all actions that happen in the trigger(s) that fire when a hero kill happens and look for the use of GetLocalPlayer(). If you find a portion and you don't know how to fix it, post it here.

If you are not using JASS, but only GUI:
Well, it's pretty hard to manage a GLP() error through GUI.. best thing you can do is to remove one action after another (from the trigger that fires when a hero kill happens) and test the map over and over with a friend until you find out which action causes the bug.

There is usually no easy solution to that. You'll have to test, test and test even more. I remember I once needed about 2 months to find such a desync in one of my maps (it had something to do with music... never thought of it).

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
well thanks for the suggestions, i will try ASAP... Im giving you a +rep for the suggestions but only one more question: can i run multiplayer WC3 on a LAN made by a virtual PC and my own one? And if so will i experience the same bug (or is it worth of trying)?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.