Arena My first real map... Could use some ideas!

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Okay, well the other day, I was on my xbox, and got a demo for a game called Section 8 (click the link for info on it), and I got thinking. I've never seen a game like this on WC3, and I think it'd be a very interesting addition to the game (WC3).

So far, I've figured out what it's going to be like.
It's going to be a lot like Section 8, but still unique.
I plan on having a "drop in" system, like what Section 8 uses, and I've already begun working on terrain (no screens yet), but I'm stuck on everything else.

I don't plan on having very many heroes. Probably 3-6 that you can choose from, but very customizable with many items, and stat attribs (along with spell builds)... Just a few things I've thought of, hero-wise.

My whole point behind hosting this is to get ideas for different systems I could make, or item ideas, or terrain suggestions (it's modern-style terrain, with roads and streetlights, and such (if I can find good models, of course)), or just comments on the idea! :thup:

Edit: After thinking for a minute, I figured I could give some info as to the actual goal of the game...

Okay, so the game is like a Capture the Flag style map, except instead of flags, it's bases.
The whole point is to capture all the bases on the map, OR score a high enough score to win (usually around 1000, or 2500).
Each player will be able to pick a hero (I'm thinking either 4 or 6), each with only a base spell, and each different (some ranges, some melee, some with more stats, less HP, some with less stats, more HP, etc...).
Each hero will begin with a single spell, but the player can later choose new spells for the hero, after each level.
Players can also customize the heroes stats (you get X points each level, which you can pick what attribute they go ti).
I'm planning on making about 50-100+ items, each adding more attack, or more defense, another spell, and such...

So yeah, that's all I got at the moment. :D

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Is there anything we can do for you? :)
I think it's a great idea! Haha, I've seen the trailer in YouTube. However, there are already MANY maps like this that's been done before... so you gotta have something unique that would make your map stand out of the rest IN A GOOD WAY.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to attempt to create a lot of the features that Section 8 has, like dropping in, and being able to select your "build".
It'll take awhile, but I hope it'll be a fun map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.